• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is #9 effective as an oxidation remover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is #9 effective as an oxidation remover?

I have been asked to see what I can do on a 16 year old car with oxidation, but also thin paint. This will be a balancing act of trying to use the gentlest cleaner, while still trying to remove some oxidation, and the people who own the car know this. I was thinking of using #9, but after searching the forums, most posts reguarding #9 refer to swirl removeal, not oxidation. I was wondering if anyone has had success removing oxidation with #9, or if I should just go with #80? I would be using a pc and a polishing pad.
    Thanks
    Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Nothing wrong with starting most gentle on a test spot. If you know the paint is thin, then go with the #9 and see what heppens.

You never know what you can do until you try.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi:

In this situation another option would be to start with #7.

This will help restore the paint condition some and then you can use an abrasive polish.

A test spot should tell you the best process to use.

Regards,

KTruck
      Last edited by KTruck; Jul 12, 2006, 06:04 AM.
      Make it Shine

Comment

Originally posted by KTruck
        Hi:

In this situation another option would be to start with #7.

This will help restore the paint condition some and then you can use an abrasive polish.

A test spot should tell you the best process to use.

Regards,

KTruck
        I have #81 and did give it a thought of putting that on first. I was just wondering if anyone found #9 effective at removing oxidation.
        Thanks
        Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');