• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures from Meguiar's Garage - July 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got'ta get me one of them GT's (I'd love an old GT40 too).

I'll paint mine light blue with a big orange stripe. What can I say, I'm a traditionalist.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by qadsan
      Barry's is the GT, not the real GT40. A very nice car indeed
      My mistake everyone, I have the bad habit of referring to it as the GT40.

I have some pictures to add to this thread to keep it kind of focused I'll probably remove some of the GT/GT40 posts...
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by zman23
        Yea that was my Z that Mike worked on in the dark with me holding a flash light so he could see what he was doing! I'll post some pics later on tomorrow to show you his results.
        I have a few pictures that were taken with my camera, because it was dark they didn't come out super good but it gives you an idea...

By the way, wet-sanding and buffing out scratches shouldn't ever be done in the dark with a flashlight, I've used the rotary buffer long enough to be able to get away with it following the tried and true practice of using the right products for the job and good technique.

Here's some of the scratches were removing after sanding them about half of the way out. The sanding marks then to highlight the scratches making it easier for the camera to see them.

Blurry picture of using our W-7006 foam cutting pad with some M84 to remove our #2000 Nikken Sanding Marks.

After removing the sanding marks with the cutting pad and compound we'll remove the swirls left behind by this process. Just to note, correctly done, the swirls left behind will only be seen in bright light and they'll be very shallow and buff out very quickly. For this we used M83 with our W-8006 polishing pad.

I didn't get any after pictures but it would have been to dark to see anything anyways. Besides that, taking after pictures of scratches that have been removed is sometimes kind of futile because if you were successful... there's nothing to show but paint... but I guess that's the idea!
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Man, I'm bummed I couldn't make it. I had one of those days. I didn't get home til about 9:00 and was just beat. I'm there next week for sure.
          2005 Chrysler 300c Bright Silver

Comment

I should have signed up as well, like I don't get to detail enough already!
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Thank you Mike, my son and I brought the 914, and with your patient instruction we learned a lot. Your products exceeded our expectations, making the PorschTique look better than it has in years.

Comment

Really appreciate your efforts, Mike, to enlighten the masses in how to apply the Meguiar's products properly and achieve professional results I came in a total newb in detailing, left with enough confidence to do my own detailing as well as a motivation to do that

Comment

Not sure if you remember the black Saab that was there...but this is what some #83 did for me....was too tired to follow it up with some #80 but the result is pretty good for now. I plan to purchase a DA myself and finish up the rest of my car anyway

Big thanks to Mike

Comment

I'm a little late to this thread, but I wanted to thank Mike and the rest of the folks at Meguiar's for another fun night! It was great meeting some new faces and bugging a few old ones

Comment

does anyone know when july 12th open garage will be aired on car crazy?

Comment

Originally posted by woodstock
                        does anyone know when july 12th open garage will be aired on car crazy?
                        I've been told in the past there's about a 6 month lead time.
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');