• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the dealer recommended - new paint!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the dealer recommended - new paint!

This is a follow-up on my earlier post. Just picked up my 03 Toyota Matrix after body work was done on the left rear door. Someone had backed into it and caused $750 worth of damage. (First estimate was $1,750!) Here is what the repair shop recommended in the flyer left in the car:

"Your car has been refinished with a Urethane Automotive Refinishing System designed to give your car the advantages of the most up to date technologies. Do not wax or polish your finish for 90 days, this will allow the finish to dry & harden completely. We rcommend that you follow these simple precautions. In the first 30 days, wash vehicle with cool water & mild detergent. Wash vehicle in shade - ever in the sun. Avoid wiping with dry cloth (duh!) Avoid extreme temperatures - park in the shade when possible. Avoid spilling chemiclas such as gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid or windshield solvent - immediately rinse with water (duh again!). Do not scrape ice from the surface."

Work appears well done and pending any other advice, will follow their recommendations.
    Art Layton
    2009 Jetta TDI

I agree with thier directions, though after washing you could use a pure polish such as #5 or #7 or DC2 to add a small amount of protection and add gloss in the process....
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001
      I agree with thier directions, though after washing you could use a pure polish such as #5 or #7 or DC2 to add a small amount of protection and add gloss in the process....
      New paint needs to out gas so it cannot be sealed or waxed for 30-90 days depending on how it was painted.

Comment

Re: What the dealer recommended - new paint!

Originally posted by matrixowner
        ...Here is what the repair shop recommended in the flyer left in the car:

"...Do not scrape ice from the surface." ...
        It's a good thing they reminded you about that one.

PC.

Comment

well they kinda need to say that kind of stuff so that retards that use soap detergent as car wash/use sand paper for dusting/stand on car to wash/and many other retarded things to the paint, so that the person or persons wont mess up the finish until the paint is hardend.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');