• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about show car glaze and #26 yellow wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about show car glaze and #26 yellow wax

I just recently painted my 1991 Ford Ranger (about 6 weeks ago). I color sanded the truck buffed using fine cut cleaner. I then used swirl remover then I apllied show car glaze. I applied the #26 yellow wax after waiting 3 weeks for the paint to cure. It is single stage eurathane paint that is what the manufacture said the wait time to wax was. What my question is when I use the show car glaze and #26 wax I still see blue paint coming off when I apply and remove. I thought these 2 products had no abrasives in them at least the wax. Is this wax suppose to take paint off every time you wax with this wax. One last question is waxing the truck once a month overkill. If this wax keeps taking paint off every time I wax I might ought to slow down waxing. I thought the wax was a protectant not a paint remover. The problem of the paint still coming off could be due to it has just been buffed I do not know that is why I am here to ask that question. Thanks in advance for any info you have. Please let me know how often I need to wax is it based on how often you wash your vehicle. I have to much time invested in painting this truck I want it to stay looking good.
    Life begins @ 150!!!!!!! on a 2005 Blue R1.

In most cases, whenever you're working on a single stage paint, depending on how hard or soft it is, you'll tend to always see a little pigment coming off no matter what kind of product you're applying. It's also your application material that is coming into contact with the paint that tends to agitate the paint also.

You could probably take a clean foam applicator and spit and see some pigment come off. I wouldn't worry about.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

You could probably take a clean foam applicator and spit and see some pigment come off.

Don't give Meguiars any ideas or you guys will all be spitting in a vat and they'll be selling "Meguiars #8, Heavy Cut Spittle Pigment Remover"!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        In most cases, whenever you're working on a single stage paint, depending on how hard or soft it is, you'll tend to always see a little pigment coming off no matter what kind of product you're applying. It's also your application material that is coming into contact with the paint that tends to agitate the paint also.

You could probably take a clean foam applicator and spit and see some pigment come off. I wouldn't worry about.
        Mike how often do you recommend waxing. I guess as long as I keep it waxed and no scratches I should not have to use the hand glaze very often is that correct. Thank you so much Mike for answering my questions.
        Life begins @ 150!!!!!!! on a 2005 Blue R1.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');