• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club Lexus at Meguiar's - July 15th 2006!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Lexus at Meguiar's - July 15th 2006!

Club Lexus Detail Day at Meguiar's!

On July 15th, 2006 Meguiar's will proudly host a hands-on detailing class for members of Club Lexus! here at Meguiar's Corporate offices in Irvine, CA.

Class starts in a few hours, I'm heading out the door right now and we'll see everyone at Meguiar's Garage!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Lexus Day at Meguiar's Garage

What a cracking morning at Meguiar's Garage.

I had wanted to meet Mike Philips for all manner of reasons, not least of which is the exemplary way in which he runs this forum - it's as good an example of how an internet site is to support a product strategy as I can recall - people wander in here clueless and wander out educated in the Meguiar's process which makes them evangelists for the cause.

Anyhow, I learned how to make my cars look good with a wonderful combination of knowledge, product and passion for the job ....

I can't wait to try out my polisher!

Great class

Like the terminator, I'll be back

de

Comment

Here's a few pics to get this thread started...

Before

After

Thanks to everyone that attended today especially our long distance travelers, a couple from Ontario, Canada and a young man that drove down from San Francisco!
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,

Thank you for the 3rd opportunity with the class. I learn something new each class I attend. We all definitely appreciate the Meguiar's hospitality! I cannot thank you enough for the great information you taught us.

Thanks!
        Ryan
        Club Lexus Editor / Events
        Lexus news and discussion for owners and enthusiasts.
        Club Lexus Editor & Events

Comment

Mike,
          Thank you for a great day. I was able to learn something and meet fellow Club Lexus members. Although I was a bit overwhelmed with the amount of information, I know that I can refer back to the "Information Station" to remind me. I can't tell you how many things I was doing incorrectly thus creating swirl marks all over the car. I hope to attend this class again to reabsorb some of the information. Again, thank you for the wonderful lesson.
          Dan
          Last edited by Dan_K; Jul 15, 2006, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Excellent class

I definately enjoyed today's class. Mike was an excellent instructor. Very informative

I learned a lot today.

CL members, you have to take this class.

Comment

If you guys want to know how to take care of your car's finish the way it is meant to be done, you owe it to yourself to take a class with Mike at Meguair's HQ in Irvine! My wife and I really enjoyed the experience and gained alot of knowledge on how to use Meguair's car care products correctly. As usual, the CL members were a great bunch of guys and gals.

Thanks for the hospatility Mike We'll be back
              Last edited by clubfoot; Jul 16, 2006, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks alot Mike, for the hospitality and friendliness at the Meguiars headquarters!

See you at a open garage.

-Bryan
                Bentley Black Wald Aristo

Comment

This was a good day, very informative and very instructive in the ways of the detailing Nice techniques, lots of helpful hints and tips on how to keep our cars in top shape. Thank you Mike, from the bottom of my heart

Comment

This was an awesome Detail Day! I learned a lot about what to do and what not to do to protect my car's finish and to make my car shine.

Thank you, Mike. We really appreciate the hospitality ...and your patience with us. You are awesome!

Comment

We had three long distance award winners at the Lexus Class,

This young man drove down from San Fransisco to attend our class as it was important enough to him to learn how to work on his Lexus the right way.

And this couple flew down from Ontario, Canada

Sorry about the dark pictures...
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I can't thank Mike and all the people at Meguiar's enough for hosting a class like this. It's unbelievable how much I learned (and actually remember)! From techniques to product to tools, Mike covered it all, and explained it very well. Thanks again for the opportunity - my car is thanking me as I type...

Javier

Comment

Originally posted by javylsu
                          I can't thank Mike and all the people at Meguiar's enough for hosting a class like this. It's unbelievable how much I learned (and actually remember)! From techniques to product to tools, Mike covered it all, and explained it very well. Thanks again for the opportunity - my car is thanking me as I type...

Javier
                          Thank you for the kind words, you club was a fun club to work with and I really need to get some more pictures of the before and after results we achieved at this class as they are truly amazing.

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Great class! Very informative and Mike is an entertaining yet patient instructor. I've attended one other detail day in the past and learned a few new things this time around as well. Thank you Mike for fielding our endless questions and to Megiuar's and staff for opening their garage to us and being such gracious hosts.

Comment

Mike is the best.

Mike,
                              Let me echo the comments from other Club Lexus members and add my appreciation and respect for the "passion" that you project. It is always great to be taught by someone who really believes in and much more importantly enjoys his "job". Keep up the outstanding effort and I plan to return to increase my knowledge in the future.

Sincerely,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');