• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

I really like the new UW. I applied it to my wife's car, which is black. Polished it first with HD Uno. I have the paste wax version and no streaking issues. Very easy to use and looks spectacular. Displays more depth, clarity and wetness than NXT. It's more carnauba-like than NXT but different again from a straight carnauba.
    Paul Marmarinos
    Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
    "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

since i'm using nxt liquid & GC liquid..my vote goes to them...
      "If a sealant give you HD effect, a carnauba will give you the 3D effect"

Comment

Before #20 & #26...Now UP & Nxt (2 coats) top with #16.

Comment

I haven't used all Meguiars waxes so i can't vote but NXT/M21 2.0 is pretty hard to beat for gloss and reflection.

Gold Class is more about deepening the colour intensity.

Comment

I hope Mike Phillips replys. I wonder what he uses on his car

Comment

Originally posted by mikl78apkle View Post
              I hope Mike Phillips replys. I wonder what he uses on his car
              Probably Pinnacle Souveran or Wolfgang Fuzion, given where he now works
              Francis

Comment

It doesn't matter to me which wax has the best gloss and reflection as #26, gold class carnuba plus, NXT and ultimate wax all look fantastic in their own right, assuming the surface has been properly prepared. At this level, it just doesn't matter. Since I like to detail my car every 3 to 4 weeks, I like to have a range of different waxes to enjoy. Sometimes I want to use carnuba, sometimes synthetic. I think Ultimate Wax has superseded NXT, but I couldn't live without gold class and #26 in the cabinet. Ultimate wash and wax combined with #26 will give you a superb result too.
                WYSIWYG

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
                  If the ultimate wax gives better depth even at the expense of bright gloss, i'd still consider ultimate wax my winner (if i get my hands on it!). I am surprised with the mixed reviews i read about UW, while the NXT2.0 seems to have more consistently positive reviews. Well, mostly due to the ease of use is supposed to give but instead is a bit tricky to use..

For me, the best (in terms of satisfaction in applying, gloss, depth, and beading) has to be 476s.. I didn't find it that hard to use. I also like the way it feels on application but its not really what i would say easy to use..
                  I have used 476s on the last few cars I did with great results. As far as application, I took a cheap 35$ wax spreader and converted to accept hook and look pads by removing the foam backing plate and applying velcro to the plastic backing plate. Now I can use 6 or 5 inch pads and the machine is tiny, light weight and goes up to 3500 rpms. I take some 476s and apply a dime size to 2 sections of the pad and then apply to 1 panel. Works great! Nice even coats, don't kill your hands and don't get 476's all over your hands either.

Haven't tried any of the NXT waxes yet, but just finished a bottle of #26. Been using a combo of # 6 cleaner wax and then topping it with 476s.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
                  "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

try the nxt 2.0, I'm sure you'll like it. It goes on easily enough, i guess much easier than 476s. With 476s and the 845, it is recommended by the manufacturer not to apply it to the entire car then buffing off. Unlike the nxt, you can do the entire car then buff of after it has hazed sufficiently. And in my eyes nxt gives a deeper darker look which goes well with m07 show car glaze. I have a black car, and that combo is killer. I've tried paint cleaners from other manufacturers, and regardless of whether there will be compatibility issues, it helps out with the shine anyway.

Comment

They say that "perception is reality."

However, if you want an objective analysis of what product produces the greatest reflective shine send me a personal email to: buda@detailplus.com and I will send you a copy of the Comparative Study of Automotive Paint Sealants & Waxes which compared 25 paint sealants and waxes that were submitted by detailers from all over the USA and Canada.

What the study tested was:

a. Percentage increase in reflective shine before and after application using a German-made Glossometer which is engineered to measure reflective shine off a surface.

b. Percentage decrease in shine after 12 washings

c. Resistence to salt water corrosion, the most destructive of enviromental contaminants on a paint finish

Please indicate your name; company, address and email address and one will be sent to you FREE of charge.

Regards
                      Bud Abraham

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
                        try the nxt 2.0, I'm sure you'll like it. It goes on easily enough, i guess much easier than 476s. With 476s and the 845, it is recommended by the manufacturer not to apply it to the entire car then buffing off. Unlike the nxt, you can do the entire car then buff of after it has hazed sufficiently. And in my eyes nxt gives a deeper darker look which goes well with m07 show car glaze. I have a black car, and that combo is killer. I've tried paint cleaners from other manufacturers, and regardless of whether there will be compatibility issues, it helps out with the shine anyway.
                        I am sure NXT 2.0 is a great wax, but the reason I use 476s is protection, durability and longevity. 476s last 6 months + and still gives a nice warm glow and shine.

Comment

Originally posted by buda View Post

However, if you want an objective analysis of what product produces the greatest reflective shine send me a personal email to: buda@detailplus.com and I will send you a copy of the Comparative Study of Automotive Paint Sealants & Waxes which compared 25 paint sealants and waxes that were submitted by detailers from all over the USA and Canada.

a. Percentage increase in reflective shine before and after application using a German-made Glossometer which is engineered to measure reflective shine off a surface.

c. Resistence to salt water corrosion, the most destructive of enviromental contaminants on a paint finish

Please indicate your name; company, address and email address and one will be sent to you FREE of charge.

Regards
                          Bud Abraham
                          Email sent

Comment

Originally posted by inyadreems View Post
                            I am sure NXT 2.0 is a great wax, but the reason I use 476s is protection, durability and longevity. 476s last 6 months + and still gives a nice warm glow and shine.
                            I agree, it does give a nice warm glow, but it also has a bright shine itself. In fact, it seems to give a brighter gloss compared to NXT 2.0, yes it seems to give better durability than nxt, it is however a bit tougher to use. But then, using it regulatrly isn't that needed so ease of use may not be a big issue with 476s since it is durable. Maybe 915 is worth a shot, since it is said to offer even more depth.

Comment

Originally posted by buda View Post

Regards
                              Bud Abraham
                              Perception is reality? i guess i agree with that, since many companies claim this and that, then after a while for some reason most end up with the same kind of visual appeal and durability.

Comment

Cleaner wax should get a mention on here use it on my to older cars 4 times a year they don't look perfect but they look pretty nice and is amazingly easy to use and seems to hide and fill scratches and swirls. It is a good way to do a quick wax with great result. Usually a product i use for a quick detail on customer cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');