• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#21 so far -- GBY!

Comment

#21 is very close to NXT Paste! It is probably better for a daily driver because IMHO it is longer lasting and leaves a slicker surface. Bugs, tar, etc. wipe off very easily.
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I can't believe no one tops #21 with Gold Class!
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

*Update* I tried #26 on my Dad's classic car and it did wonderful. Found out he had bought this bottle a couple years ago, but never opened it. I clayed his car after washing it and put two thin coats of #26. Amazing results!!
          2016 Focus ST

Comment

Which one would you guys use for long-lasting hardcore protection (say a winter wax) with sacrificing maybe a little bit of show and shine (but still looking good).

Comment

I would say #21. Its really great, and like I stated in my previous thread, NXT has the shine and the gloss, but #21 has a great look to it as well and is much more durable than the NXT. I think you buy both.. I use NXT on holidays, and family gatherings because I like to hear the compliments of friends and family on the finish.. But I use #21 for durability (and it has a great shine to it as well) but for day-to-day driving you need the #21. In fact you could use the #21 and top it with NXT... I've never tried it, but I'm sure that would be a deadly combo.
              Wash, Polish, Wax...Just Do IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Dee
                I would say #21. Its really great, and like I stated in my previous thread, NXT has the shine and the gloss, but #21 has a great look to it as well and is much more durable than the NXT. I think you buy both.. I use NXT on holidays, and family gatherings because I like to hear the compliments of friends and family on the finish.. But I use #21 for durability (and it has a great shine to it as well) but for day-to-day driving you need the #21. In fact you could use the #21 and top it with NXT... I've never tried it, but I'm sure that would be a deadly combo.
                #21 topped with NXT Paste is my favorite combination right now.

RamAirV1
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by EdT

Meguair's didn't know they had a good thing till its too late now !
                  You can thank govt. VOC regulations for #16 being phased out!

RamAirV1
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

#26 for sure.
                    /Keith
                    2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

I voted for #20. I have yet to use #21. I voted this way because it seems to last the longest. I have yet to not be pleased with any that I have used. To me its the prep work that really counts anyway. What really makes the difference to me is two coating which ever one I use. It seems to make it twice as nice.
                      Fox

Comment

I have used a few meg's waxes to far, and it seems the color of the car has a lot to do with how I like the wax.

Consumer Line cleaner/wax looks REALLY good on lighter color cars, or "clear" colors, kind of like silver I guess. i used consumer line cleaner/wax on my wife's silver trailblazer, and I've never seen cleaner wax look so good. used it on my sister in law's RED cobalt, and it looked pretty good, but it didn't POP out at me.

I've tried #26 on my dark blue cobalt, and it looks awesome.

I'm going to try 26 on my red trans am when I give it a full detail, see how it looks.

Matthew 19:26

Comment

Re: Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

I voted for #26 but i believe differant vehicles take to differant waxes better than others.I also believe alot of my gloss and reflection comes from #7 polish (multiple coats) but if you put any topping wax over #7 its going to look deep. this is only my opinion, ive used 20,21,nxt,aio n sealant and alot of others pinnacle, zymbol 120.00 abottle,what a waste.the only thing i would choose to compare to 26 is #16 and pro wax yellow wax in the tin (paste).

Comment

I chose NXT Liquid as im using that wax at the moment. Pretty much satisfied with the gloss and protection. Wondering if i could protect it more by putting a coat of #21 then after that top it up with #26.
                            Wonder how's that going to turn out. Gonna try that next month when i get #21 & #26 for sure. Does this sound ok?
                            Yusri Omar
                            Perfectshine Detail

Comment

Im in love with #26. I use #26 paste on all my customers dark colored cars and NXT liquid on customers cars with lighter colored cars.

I havent had a chance yet to use my #21 but cant wait.... Ill deffinately be topping it with #26 on my own car.
                              ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                              561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                              --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                              --

Comment

I voted NXT wax because it looks so awesome, but for when I don't have time to do prep work I love ColorX.

I want to try #21 topped with NXT (or is it the other way around?) sometime, because NXT doesn't seem to last quite as long as I would like it to.
                                Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                                Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                                2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');