• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

Thanks for the info, Bud. However, when it comes to studies and such, I'd like to see someone cite the source for such suggestive information, assuming there is a properly-identifiable organization or source that published the findings . I've tried a bunch of the combinations listed, but not enough to really say. All I know for sure is that I love NXT 2.0 liquid for so many reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbucks1959 View Post
      Or i used QD with a not totally soap clean towel..Hmmmm..May just use dawn and do it over again today..My car also had a few coats of Gold Class on it......

PK
      I beleive at the point in which you want to put down your NXT, I would suggest starting the paint from scratch, completely remove all the GC you might have on it, you want to have the nxt as the base layer, then top from there
      Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Thx for the info....will try that this weekend

PK

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
        I beleive at the point in which you want to put down your NXT, I would suggest starting the paint from scratch, completely remove all the GC you might have on it, you want to have the nxt as the base layer, then top from there
        Super Clean

Comment

Originally posted by 1970judge View Post
          Gold class paste all day long.
          Just picked up a CASE of Gold Class paste wax for $20 (14oz. tins). I'm set for a while.
          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

personally i havnt used any of the professional-line products, out of the consumer range i thinkit is a hard choice between Nxt and Gold class, both products have different benefits -

Gold class wax has always impressed me with its more premium image and also being an almost 100% natural wax, with hardly any synthetic ingredients, for some reason I am more 'pleased' when using this wax.

Nxt on the other hand has more of a 'popping' appeal, as it is a synthetic wax, and contains light cleaning abrasives, but a hard choice between the two..

Comment

Both NXT and Gold Class have their own look and both have appealing attributes.

But, to clarify some info above:

Gold Class has mostly synthetic ingredients with some natural components, like carnauba.

NXT contains no abrasives.

Hope his helps.
              Paul Marmarinos
              Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
              "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

nxt does have cleaning agents in it, but they are so so mild the really dont do much

Comment

in my opinion gold class leaves a wetter look but i noticed that i didnt see my metal flake as much as i did with NXT 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
                    Where did you get this information and what was the methodology used to get to these findings?

How do you measure, "highest percentage of gloss increase"? Seems pretty subjective to me, no?
                    Buds test was done in a lab by professional chemist, with professional equipment.

Comment

In answer to 3Fitty and Larry A - YES, the tests were conducted by a laboratory, certified chemists, using scientific equipment. Otherwise what would be the point of a comparative test.

As far as the measuring reflective shine before and after application and after 12 washings (simulating once a month washing) this was done by a Glossometer. This is a scientific "reflective gloss measuring instrument" used by automotive paint companies; auto manufacturers; detail chemical companies; more sophisticated detail businesses among others to measure "quite accurately" the reflective shine off a painted surface in this case.

For example, General Motors has a "reflective gloss standard" for vehicles coming off their assembly line. "They must measure a reflective gloss of 79 to pass their acceptance test."

The best Glossometer I am personally aware of is made in Germany and sells for about $2500.

If you www.google.com "Glossometer" you can read all about them and their accuracy in measuring reflective gloss.

Regards
                      Bud Abraham

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL DETAILING ASSOCIATION

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

Comment

Me too on the Mike Phillips response. I think 21 topped by NXT paste is wonderful on a black car. Shines like obsidian!

Comment

best Gloss+Reflection from NXT20 Paste or Liquid (same), which is really just the hand-application (consumer) version of #21.
                          2010 XRS

Comment

Yes #26

Comment

What would you suggest for a Lt blue Chrysler 300

Comment

You looking for shine or durability as your goal?

Regards
                                Bud Abraham

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');