• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need 'after' pics of megs #26 on dark colored vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 'after' pics of megs #26 on dark colored vehicles

I just picked up #26 becuase i needed a good nuaba for my customer cars and i dont wanna use my P21S on my customer cars anymore and just use it on my personal garage queen. I read good things about it on here and other sites but having trouble finding pics.

half way done the page is the finished product, finished with 26
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Not bad

Comment

Re: Need 'after' pics of megs #26 on dark colored vehicles

Originally posted by Coupe
        I just picked up #26 becuase i needed a good nuaba for my customer cars and i dont wanna use my P21S on my customer cars anymore and just use it on my personal garage queen. I read good things about it on here and other sites but having trouble finding pics.
        I've not used #26 on black but I have used #16...I know you can't get it anymore but it really is great on black...
        Bill Poirier
        West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Re: Need 'after' pics of megs #26 on dark colored vehicles

Originally posted by Coupe
          I just picked up #26 because i needed a good nuaba for my customer cars and i dont wanna use my P21S on my customer cars anymore and just use it on my personal garage queen. I read good things about it on here and other sites but having trouble finding pics.
          Hi Coupe,

Next time you have a black paint job that you've clayed and prepped and have ready for wax, apply your P21S to a space of about 12 inches square on the hood, (a horizontal surface you can look down on), and right next to it the M26, again to a space about 12 inches square.

Follow the directions for the P21S per the manufacture and then follow the directions for the M26 per the label, that is to apply a thin coat, allow the wax to dry and then wipe of the reside.

Next, inspect the two sections in different lighting conditions and see which one looks best to you.

I tell you what I've seen, every time I've done this test, our M26 made the paint darker, more clear and more reflective than the P21S section.

And while I know there's a select group of people on various forums always ranting and raving about how changing the color of paint is a bad thing, what they don't understand is... they don't know what they're talking about.

For example, if you look at the lower, right hand and left hand sections on the hood on this black Lexus we used as a demonstration car last Saturday, you can definitely tell we changed the color and EVERYONE in this class pointed to the sections we worked on and said,

"Yes, these section look the best"

For a moment, forget about the swirls that we removed, instead focus on how much darker, clearer and richer in color the area we waxed is.

I pointed out to them that we made the paint more clear and richer in color and contrasted it to the silly talk on other forums about not changing the color and with this demonstration they all understood how silly the talk about not changing the color, or being "optically clear" is.

My point being is if you like P21S, then that's fine, use it, I've always said,

”Find something you like and use it often”

If you find a product you like, then apparently the results look good in your eyes, if you use it often, then your finish will always look great. It's only when you begin to neglect or abuse the finish that it goes down hill.

But if you're looking to make your customers car as beautifully as possible by taking their car's paint to its maximum potential, then in my experience, all things being equal, products like P21S won't work as well as M26 to maximize richness of color.

The thing is... you have to do the side by side test on black paint to see a difference. If you merely wax the entire car with a product, and then wax an entire car with another product, unless both cars are the same color using the same paint system, how can you tell which one worked the best?

The answer is you cannot.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here's a similar topic,

Which LSP is better for light colors?

Originally posted by Cipitio
            Hi everybody,

I have a silver and a white car. I was thinking on increase my stock of Meguiar's LSP (couple of tins of #16).

I read a lot that NXT and #26 are awesome for dark color cars.

I want to know your opinion about the best choice on LSP for light color cars.

Thank you for your responses.
            Hi Cipitio,

Here's the deal,

First of all, 99% of all cars being manufactured today have a clear coat, so keep in mind, most people are not working on a pigmented paint, but on clear paint. Clear paint is simply resin without color.

That said, if a car wax, or polish will make a dark or black colored paint look great, it's also making a light colored finish look great too it's just your eyes can't see the difference. This is why the best test for a product is always on dark colors and black paint specifically. The true results of a product are going to be the most apparent on black paint, whether its a single-stage finish or a clear coated finish.

The color that is the least efficient at demonstrating a difference is white paint, whether it's a single-stage, or a clear coated finish. This is why Meguiar's performs all of their testing on black paint.

What you see discussed on forums and elsewhere on the topic of some waxes being better on light colors and some waxes being better on dark colors is simply confusion.

You'll often read where someone will say,

"Brand X is great on light colors",

what is implied is that brand X doesn't make dark colors look good. If a wax or polish can't make a dark color look good, it isn't making a light color look good, your eyes just can't evaluate the difference.

The best waxes for appearance quality makes all colors look good and you can know this by whether or not the wax makes dark colors look good.

Think about it for a second, if you have two identical cars, for example two Honda Accura's. One is white with a clear coat finish and the other is black with a clear coat finish, if a wax makes the black Accura look great, knowing you're working on the same kind of paint, (a clear coat), it's reasonable to assume that it's going to make the white Accura look great, it's just you're eyes won't perceive the difference as easily as they would with the black Accura.

Conversely, if a wax doesn't make the black Accura look good, it's reasonable to assume it's not going to make the white Accura look good for the same reasons outlined above.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

And here's yet another similar topic...

Topping NXT

There is always a lot of talk about topping NXT with other products, because this is a popular topic, I thought I would offer this simple suggestion.

If you think you would like to apply a topper over NXT, before you apply your choice of a topper over the entire finish, first do a side-by-side comparison and inspect your results carefully to insure that the test area does in fact look better than NXT by itself before applying your choice of topper to the entire finish. If you apply your choice of a topper to the entire car without comparing, you will never know if it improved or diminished the results created by the NXT alone.

Here's how to do a test spot,

First - Wait until you have two thin, uniform applications of NXT Tech Wax over the entire finish. Two thin applications always look better than one application.

Second - Find a nice flat panel like the hood or deck lid so that you can look down on the finish while standing over it. Apply your choice of a topper to a square section about one foot square being careful to do so in a way as to have a very distinct section with only the topper in this section. Allow the topper to dry according to the instruction and the remove with a microfiber polishing cloth or a clean, soft 100% cotton terry cloth towel. To be fair, you should apply a second coat in this same section to insure a uniform application. Again, apply and remove according to the product's directions.

After you applied and removed your choice of a topper carefully, inspect the two areas under different lighting conditions. Different lighting conditions will allow your eyes to see the different dimensions of your finish, such as richness, gloss, shine and clearness or clarity. View the two areas from different angles, from directly overhead, and with a light source centered in the area, like the sun. You may also want to have some friends compare the two areas also, a second set of fresh eyes may see something you miss, especially after you've been working on the finish and staring at the paint for hours.

If after doing this side-by-side comparison test in one small area, your eyes will tell you whether or not you want to continue with applying the topper to the entire finish.

Hope this helps...

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: Re: Need 'after' pics of megs #26 on dark colored vehicles

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                Hi Coupe,

Next time you have a black paint job that you've clayed and prepped and have ready for wax, apply your P21S to a space of about 12 inches square on the hood, (a horizontal surface you can look down on), and right next to it the M26, again to a space about 12 inches square.

Follow the directions for the P21S per the manufacture and then follow the directions for the M26 per the label, that is to apply a thin coat, allow the wax to dry and then wipe of the reside.

Next, inspect the two sections in different lighting conditions and see which one looks best to you.

I tell you what I've seen, every time I've done this test, our M26 made the paint darker, more clear and more reflective than the P21S section.

And while I know there's a select group of people on various forums always ranting and raving about how changing the color of paint is a bad thing, what they don't understand is... they don't know what they're talking about.

For example, if you look at the lower, right hand and left hand sections on the hood on this black Lexus we used as a demonstration car last Saturday, you can definitely tell we changed the color and EVERYONE in this class pointed to the sections we worked on and said,

"Yes, these section look the best"

For a moment, forget about the swirls that we removed, instead focus on how much darker, clearer and richer in color the area we waxed is.

I pointed out to them that we made the paint more clear and richer in color and contrasted it to the silly talk on other forums about not changing the color and with this demonstration they all understood how silly the talk about not changing the color, or being "optically clear" is.

My point being is if you like P21S, then that's fine, use it, I've always said,

”Find something you like and use it often”

If you find a product you like, then apparently the results look good in your eyes, if you use it often, then your finish will always look great. It's only when you begin to neglect or abuse the finish that it goes down hill.

But if you're looking to make your customers car as beautifully as possible by taking their car's paint to its maximum potential, then in my experience, all things being equal, products like P21S won't work as well as M26 to maximize richness of color.

The thing is... you have to do the side by side test on black paint to see a difference. If you merely wax the entire car with a product, and then wax an entire car with another product, unless both cars are the same color using the same paint system, how can you tell which one worked the best?

The answer is you cannot.

To tell you the truth i love P21S becuase it wont stain trim. Nothing i cant stand more is after waxing i have to go over the entire vehicle trying to clean up all the trim, that really *****. How harsh is the M26 on trim? Easy to clean up?
                When i do a full detail for example i use (clay first of course) M83, 80, 82 and #7 (in that order). Of course all the trim is taped up and there is no worries of the wax getting on the trim. Now i have some customers that i do a monthly re-wax, i really dont like taping up a whole car just for a quick re-wax.
                Last edited by Coupe; Jul 17, 2006, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Quick question, when you say P21S won't stain trim, does that mean if you get some of this product on pebble textured black plastic trim and don't wipe it off then it won't stain it?

I have some out in the garage, I think I've done this test before but I'll redo it today.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    Quick question, when you say P21S won't stain trim, does that mean if you get some of this product on pebble textured black plastic trim and don't wipe it off then it won't stain it?

I have some out in the garage, I think I've done this test before but I'll redo it today.
                    Any kind of trim really. Basicly anything thats black plastic or rubber. With P21S if i accidently touch a piece of trim it will just wipe right off without leaving anything on the trim. With most nuabas, if i touch the trim with it i have to struggle to get the staining off. Its hard to explain.

Comment

Here's my old truck finished with only #26. These were taken after a full day of washing, claying, polishing, interior, etc. thats why there's no full sun shots. Trust me, though, the finish was completely swirl free and it looked amazing. #26 is my absolute favorite wax. I've compared it to P21S, Souveran, Natty's Blue, etc. and it is by far my favorite.

Sorry, you gotta click the links because these are attatchments from another forum.

Comment

I also just completely detailed my new Scion tC and finished it all off with #26. I should get out and take some pictures of it. If I do I'll post some in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by kpagel
                          Here's my old truck finished with only #26. These were taken after a full day of washing, claying, polishing, interior, etc. thats why there's no full sun shots. Trust me, though, the finish was completely swirl free and it looked amazing. #26 is my absolute favorite wax. I've compared it to P21S, Souveran, Natty's Blue, etc. and it is by far my favorite.

Sorry, you gotta click the links because these are attatchments from another forum.

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/att...8&d=1130294372

Gotta be a member to view them.

Comment

#26 is my favorite Megs wax. It is an incredible product... and on the two dark colored vehicles Ive used it on it has REALLY done a phenominal job.

----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                            561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                            --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                            --

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');