• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Cable 7336sp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter Cable 7336sp

Is it the same as the 7424 and g100. Also I am still tossing around switching to one of these from the rotary, at least for when I am not compounding.

I am still confused as to the whole dual action movement?

So it still makes a full rotation as well as oscillates or you have your choice of one or the other.

I also think I will need new pads because I have 8 inch so I may be better off with a package deal from ADS. For 210 you get a nice package.

yes, 7336sp is the same.

Comment

In the lowes ad they say it comes with backing plate. It is the velcro one for the pads?

Comment

no, it is for sand paper

I bought the 7336sp from Lowes for $109, btw

Comment

Thanks. I am probably better off getting the 7424 then waiting while I order the backing plates. I still love my dewalt though. It seems I have to order it though. anyone know what bigger chain stocks it.

Comment

So the Porter Cable 7424 & 7336sp are the product as Meguiars G100 ?

Comment

Yes, the 7424, 7336SP, and G100 are the same machine. The only major difference is that the G100 has a lifetime warranty. I'm not sure what the warranty on the other machines is, but it's likely 30 days or 1 year.

Comment

Would lowes stock the backing plate or any detail shop should have it?

Comment

Read the second post in this thread: which polisher ?

Here is my .02 from an owner of a 7424.... I would recommend the G100A, if you shop around you can find very good prices on them and may not cost much more than the 7424 once you have purchased the backing plate and pads. Like mentioned above you get the lifetime warranty with the G100A and you get the proper backing plate and pads, again shop around for the best 'value'.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Anybody know where I can get a G-100 in Canada for a decent price? I asked my local paint shop/ Meguiar's supplier and he says $275.00 +backing plate+pads. Also he says( as did the x-Mequiar's rep that happend to be there) that G80/82 or a US product only! I find this hard to believe and I don't think that was a great price on the polisher. Am I right or?????
                    Thanks for the help.
                    Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
                    "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

I was quoted 320$ for just the g100 at Napa,
                      so I went over to a local hardware store and
                      was given 185 + tax = $206
                      for a Porter Cable 7424.

No lifetime warranty but then again,
                      it's for personal use only

good luck.
                      Glen

Comment

How long did ADS shipping take?

Comment

Shipping from ADS to PA takes about 5 working days.
                          Brian

Comment

Well I made up my mind that I will be getting one. Havent decided if I want the g100 or to go to Lowes and get the 7336. Most of my local paint shops sell Megs pads, plus the backing plate. Ay standard 5/16 should for? I have some private work lined up for my days off ao it looks like I may be taking a Lowes trip.

One concern is that my pops told me being that Lowes does mass production a lot of their tools are half assed quality(hope I can say that) because they are made for Lowes with different materials to get those prices. My pops has 100k in snap on and craftsman so he is a tool guru.
                            Last edited by kboxer; Jul 22, 2006, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I don't think Lowes lowers the quality or the features on this particular tool... Yes it is true many retailers have a change or two made to a product that might help reduce cost but in all the cases I have seen they change the model number. In the case of the PC 7336 its Porter Cables standard model number.
                              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');