• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003/2004 Ford Mach I Detail Day at Meguiar's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003/2004 Ford Mach I Detail Day at Meguiar's

Today Meguiar's is proud to host our Detailing 101 class for the 2003/2004 Ford Mach 1 owners.

Here's April using some Quik Detailer to remove dust shortly after arriving,

The young owner of this Mach 1 drove up from San Diego. While in this picture his car's finish looks pretty nice, remember... pictures can be deceiving,

Here's a close-up of what it really looks like!

Meguiar's detailing classes are becoming so popular, that the owner of this beautiful Mach 1 drove all the way from Texas to be here with us today!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the terrific day and great pizza!!! Thought you would like that. Same goes for the donuts.

I found all the info very useful and particularly the use of clay - I just never would have thought about putting clay on the paint. I really like the fact that everyone had the opportunity to try all the products and see how well they work.

Can't say enough. Great job!

Best Regards,

04ShadowShaker

Comment

Hi 04ShadowShaker,

Welcome to Meguiar's online!

I'm glad you enjoyed the clinic, I really appreciate it when everyone joins in on the hands-on portion.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Aw, living in Hawaii, I miss events like this! Then again, Hawaii does have sunshine for most of the year.

Did anyone show up with an Azure Blue Mach1? I'm curious to see what other Azure Blue Mach1's look like with Tech Wax.

Thanks,

Reid
        Reid

------------------------------------------------

2004 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1 - Do not view in sunny, cloudless conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by hirosh
          Did anyone show up with an Azure Blue Mach1 ? I'm curious to see what other Azure Blue Mach 1's look like with Tech Wax.

Thanks,

Reid
          Like this one?

We didn't have a chance to detail this car at this clinic. The focus of the clinic now a days is to pick out one or two demonstration cars and show the class members how to work on their own cars by teaching them how to work on the demonstration car.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by hirosh
            Aw, living in Hawaii, I miss events like this! Then again, Hawaii does have sunshine for most of the year.

Did anyone show up with an Azure Blue Mach1? I'm curious to see what other Azure Blue Mach1's look like with Tech Wax.

Thanks,

Reid
            Hirosh,

Here is one from the Mach1 Registry. The picture isn't that good but, maybe you can pester the owner for more

Here is another from the Mach1 Registry that shows a really good before and after.

Hope this helps
            Bob
            2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
            Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Hello Mike,

Thanks again for letting me join the Mach I group. I learned alot. Especially about taking care of small scratches. The buffer did a really good job on those!!

Keep up the good work. I'm sure there's lots more to learn.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zman
                Hello Mike,

Thanks again for letting me join the Mach I group. I learned a lot. Especially about taking care of small scratches. The buffer did a really good job on those!
                Hi Zman,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I'm glad you could make it, the Mach 1 clinic was a fun clinic, by the end of the day I wanted to buy a Ford Mach 1! (Don't tell my dad, we have this Chevy versus Ford fight going on!).

Did you get a chance to look at the section I polished out with the ScratchX?

The reason I ask is because everyone there saw that the section I applied the ScratchX too, I was able to remove all but a few of the deepest scratches.

But alas, I have no pictures to back it up. I'm still trying to find out if anyone that was there captured some after photos of the ScratchX section.

Check out this thread,

The Photo in the article

1BadMach1 asks the question,

Originally posted by 1BadMach1
                I was looking at the Mach 1 article at the close up you took of the black Mach 1. My paint is not that bad, but nearly as bad. Please tell me the steps you would take to clear that mess up.
                Here's the picture he's talking about,

I can appreciate your comment that you liked the section I used the PC on, but I would sure like to find a picture of the section I used the ScratchX on, or another person’s testimony to what they saw with their own eyes.

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,

I was there to see all three steps with Meguiars 89 and ScratchX and the other one that I can't think of right now. I went out and purchased some ScratchX that same day. I'm also looking into getting that Portal. I need to place my order with Ben soon.

I thought Ben took a couple of before and afters??

You better be careful about those Fords.... I know how that Chevy and Ford thing can get out of hand...

Thanks again

Comment

Mike - Yeah, that's the color. Too bad. And that poor Mach looks like it could've used some Tech Wax.

rstaaf - Thanks for the links! I think it was the second link with the good before and after that made me want to use Tech Wax. I think I've been looking at too many detailed cars to decide what kind of look I want. Arrrghhhhh!!!!!
                    Reid

Comment

Special guest for this clinic included April Zavela also known as the Vette Lady. April has 9 cars in her car collection which include an a 19882 Corvette Collector's Anniversary edition, a 1972 Chevrolet Nova, one of the few with a factory sky roof, a 1956 Ford, a 1940 Willys, 1996 violet Mustang, and the recently reintroduced 2003 Mustang Mach 1 with 306 horsepower pictured below,

April is very active in the Make a Wish Foundation. Here's April helping to removes the swirls and scratches from Tim's volunteered demonstration car!

After the classroom portion, we all adjourn to the Training Garage for the hands-on portion of the clinic. There is always a table set-up with a complete collection of Meguiar's products for students to test out on their own car as well, as to look at and ask questions about.

When the demonstration portion begins, it's standing room only!

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mach 1's have vinyl door panels as well as many other interior vinyl components, to condition and protect these surfaces, Meguiar's recommends NXT Tech Wax Protectant.

For exterior plastic surrounding the wiper arms, we applied Gold Class Trim Detailer to restores a rich new look.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After everyone arrives, we usually do a "Walk-By" and inspect everyone's finish while the owner explains their regular car maintenance program. Then, we pick one of the cars that will make for a good learning vehicle. For this class, we picked Tim's black Mach 1 because of the horrible scratches in the finish and overall neglected condition.

Although Tim had the car washed before driving to Meguiar's from San Diego, to insure any dirt, dust or bug residue acquired by the approximately 100 mile trip, we wiped the entire car down with Meguiar's Quik Detailer. Then, because the majority of the people at the clinic had only heard of clay, but had never actually used a clay bar to remove above surface bonded contaminants, we all worked together as team to clay every inch of Tim's Mach 1!

We even clayed the vertical surfaces to insure they were free from above surface bonded contaminants and so that everyone would get the opportunity to use Meguiar's Quik Clay System.

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

NXT Tech Wax Protectant really made the door panels nice again!

BTW, what product did you use for the hood and side stripes? Or did you not use anything?

Team claying, what an idea! That must've been pretty quick, huh?

Are there more pictures to come? If so, I can't wait to see how you cleaned that black Mach 1 up!

Reid
                            Reid

Comment

Detail car show with the mach ones

Hi Mike this is april the vettelady. just a note to let ya all know that I enjoyed the detail class. I enjoyed meeting you, ben, stan, and all the mach 1 guys. It was really cool, all of our mach ones there. I definately picked up some pointers and cant wait to get my products in the mail. Thanks for your coverage of me and all of the mach 1 owners. This year I will load up two cars with toys ,the corvette and the mach 1 and deliver them to the children at christmas time. I will probably need a truck as well since I now have people offering to give me toys to give away. As far as the ford and chevy battle goes hey why not have the best of both worlds. I do. Again thanks and keep on machin and vettin. april zavela the vettelady.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');