• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini polishing pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini polishing pads

I was browsing ADS and saw a section for mini polishing pads that can attach to a drill or DA polisher. I was thinking about getting them for the drill get the hard to reach areas. I was wondering, has anyone tried it and does it work? Thanks

I bought one of those from ADS and it worked ok. I just used it clean up some chrome wheels. I don't remember being to impressed but perhaps I have to use it more. That is the only application I used it on. It is pretty inexpensive so I don't deem it a huge loss if I can't get excellent results from it. I do recall it coming apart but i was able to put it back together.
    I just bought that Mothers Red polishing ball and wanting to see how that works. I'll get back to you on that one. I hope it works. That things was $20.00 at Kragen's

Comment

I use a 4" pad from Cyclo on my PC to get into those tight spots. I haven't had a detail I coudn't get into with the 4" pads. It has a 3" backing plate.
      Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

THIS is how I use them.
        As you make a living, don't forget to live.

Comment

Okay, maybe I'm thinking of a different type of pad. The one I bought was a round off white ball that connects to a drill. Sorry. Those smaller buffing pads on the link look great though.

One note on the Mothers polishing ball: I used it today to polish out a billet Chevy Bowtie hitch cover and it produced fast, good results. So far-so good. I will next try it on my chrome wheels. That and Back to Black is are the only Mothers product I have. Megs still rules.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');