• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 Synthetic Sealant & G127 NXT Generation Tech Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M21 Synthetic Sealant & G127 NXT Generation Tech Wax

In reference to the following thread...

Surface comes out streaky and oily

We would like to start by thanking you for your input and comments.

A variety of issues have been brought up in this thread about M21 Synthetic Sealant and G127 NXT Generation Tech Wax. These two premium products have similarities and differences. Both are born out of similar polymer technology.

Key team members from Meguiar's Management, Research & Development, Training, and Marketing have been monitoring and discussing these comments internally.

After watching this thread continue to grow, we called a meeting to ensure we were not overlooking any type of performance issues with Synthetic Sealant and Tech Wax.

The comments in this thread hover around 3 central themes; (1) application & residue removal experience, (2) appearance issues of the product (in the bottle), and (3) positive raves about Synthetic Sealant and Tech Wax.

(1) Application & residue removal experience (Streakiness, blotchiness, and difficult residue wipe off)

After studying the thread, doing extensive lab experiments, and conducting field testing, we can make the following statements.

Much of this streakiness and blotchiness can be attributed to the inconsistent batch of product. (Thus our eagerness to get replacement product in your hands.) Again, please contact our Customer Care Center for replacement.

Some instances of streakiness and blotchiness have to do with many other variables that impact the performance of Synthetic Sealant and Tech Wax, as well as with all paint care products.

For example…
    • 1) Application method
      2) Humidity
      3) Temperature (ambient and surface)
      4) Thickness of application coat
      5) Type of paint finishes
      a. Non-catalyzed
      b. Catalyzed
      c. Basecoat / clearcoat
      d. Single stage
      e. High VOC
      f. Low VOC
      g. SRC (Scratch Resistant Clears)
      h. Powder coated clears
      i. Fluorinated clears
      6) Condition of the paint finish
      7) Other products previously applied on the paint

Imagine trying to dial in polymer chemistry that delivers deep dark color and high durable gloss…and…has fast cure rate and wipe off in the following climates…
    • Hot and wet
      Hot and dry
      Cold and wet
      Cold and dry

The fact is, Meguiar’s makes awesome products, that said, we are not aware of any product that will work perfectly for everyone, on every car, 100% of the time.

So what do I do if I experience this streakiness/blotchiness problem?

Here are a few solutions and guidelines that should work for you…
    • • Wipe with a slightly damp microfiber towel followed by a dry one
      • Apply a very thin even coat of product
      • Wipe off one panel at a time as you go
      • In humid climate, avoid loading up the paint with too much polish in the preparation for wax
      • Go to a paste wax, or another liquid wax that may have other application characteristics that might suit your needs better

Should these solutions not work for you, please contact us. We would like the opportunity to explore your particular situation.

(2) Appearance of the product (in the bottle)

Regarding product separation (and not shaking back into a creamy liquid), lumpy or grainy texture, and thinner viscosity… this is clearly not the intended look and feel for our premium products. We can tie these comments directly to an inconsistent batch issue we had months ago. Though we took measures quickly with our inventory, it is unknown exactly how much of this product got into users hands. On June 28, Mike Phillips posted an invitation (that still stands) to anyone who has had less than desired results with Synthetic Sealant or Tech Wax to please contact our Customer Care Center at 800-347-5700 immediately for a resolution. We will exchange your product, provide an alternative product, or refund your money. Please do not continue to use product that looks this way. Contact us so we can make it right.

(3) Positive raves about Synthetic Sealant and Tech Wax

With the overall success of M21 Synthetic Sealant…we continue to get exciting feedback from users on M21 Synthetic Sealant performance and results. June 2006 was our best global sales month since the launch of this item! This statement is certainly not meant to discount anyone who has had less than desired results with the product (one product can not satisfy all people all of the time on all cars…we all know this) …but we mean to give a nod to the “big picture” perspective.

Since it’s launch in 2004, NXT Generation Tech Wax has been in the top selling and top rated waxes on a consistent basis. The product raised the bar to results never before achieved with polymer technology!

Once again, we would like to express our sincere thanks for your input and comments.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Pennington; Jul 20, 2006, 01:46 PM.
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

thanks for posting this mike!

Comment

Thanks for the information. Does the "bad batch" theory also explain the water beads (sweating?) that sometimes separate from M21 during application? It mostly occurs during hand application when I try to get in the creases of the body lines or I apply a bit more pressure than usual, but I've also had it occur during machine (PC) application as well. I can usually reincorporate the beads back into the produce by swiping over them lightly but the ones that I miss take a bit of elbow grease to buff out once the product is ready for removal.

Comment

I just got finished reading almost every post on the other thread. Well I guess I've been fortunate though, cuz I've used NXT paste, NXT Liquid, and a sample of M21 which I've been testing out to see if I like it. And I've had absolutely no application, drying, removing, or appearance problems with any of those products. They've all worked very well for me.
        And I'm looking forward to buying that new 16 oz once I'm out of M21.

Comment

I appreciate the thorough post, and the excellent customer service that Meguiar's provides. I called and submitted my receipt for a warranty replacement of my M2164. Hopefully the new one won't have the separation problems that this one had.
          -Brian
          2007 Obsidian Black IS350

Comment

Originally posted by SDLexus
            Thanks for the information. Does the "bad batch" theory also explain the water beads (sweating?) that sometimes separate from M21 during application? It mostly occurs during hand application when I try to get in the creases of the body lines or I apply a bit more pressure than usual, but I've also had it occur during machine (PC) application as well. I can usually reincorporate the beads back into the produce by swiping over them lightly but the ones that I miss take a bit of elbow grease to buff out once the product is ready for removal.
            Was the surface that you applied it to cool to the touch? The reason I ask is because I applied it in the sun (i was curious) and when it touched the surface it seperated.
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord
            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Thanks Mike....this is a great response and symbolic of why Meguiars is #1....
              Bill Poirier
              West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Good Q... mine did the same and I did get the blotchy results.

I would also like to say thanks to Mike for this post. Its nice to see this being addressed.
                ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                --

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
                  Was the surface that you applied it to cool to the touch? The reason I ask is because I applied it in the sun (i was curious) and when it touched the surface it seperated.
                  Yes, surface was cool to the touch. I always pull the car into the garage when I polish or apply wax as I don't want any airborne pollutants falling on the paint as I'm polishing or waxing.

Comment

Mike's post is the reason that I am a 100% Meg's user. Try finding that type of service from anyone anywhere these days. Doesn't happen.

As far as the M21 and NXT problems. I use both in a variety of conditions and never have problems with either.
                    Jason

Comment

Oakley has amazing customer service...all they do is ask what model and your shipping address!

As for the 21, I left it on my car today for almost 2 hours and now theres no streaking. I was supprised how easy it came off even after it cured for 2 hours!
                      Patrick Yu
                      2003 Honda Accord
                      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

So is the specific problem I'm experiencing above attributed to the "bad batch" or is this a characteristic of the M21 sealant?

Any answers?

Comment

So is the specific problem I'm experiencing above attributed to the "bad batch" or is this a characteristic of the M21 sealant?

Any answers?
                          I believe that was a characteristic of the bad batch.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Though I haven't experienced any of these issues, Megs continually amazes me with their dedication to customer service.

YOU GUYS ROCK!
                            Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

I had great results with my first bottle of NXT both with Liquid and Paste form it was all I used on any vehicles I did.. The second bottle of liquid which I have now seems to streak with the same application method, Thin coat.. Wipe test checks out good after giving proper curing time but on wipe off you can see noticable streaks.

Also one more thing. I purchased a sample of M21 Synthetic Sealant from Auto Detailing Solutions early on in the production run. It worked out great however I noticed after winter time that product was not all purple anymore. It had white tint mixed with the purple. I'm almost positive this is a result of my own stupidity for leaving it out in the garage during winter. I threw it out because I couldn't be sure it was any good.

Even so, I'm still a happy Meguiars customer and have continued to use the products constantly keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');