• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I´m getting crazy: LINT on paint after buffing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I´m getting crazy: LINT on paint after buffing

Here I am again... I posted in another thread that I started today my first makeover with a PC similar tool and Meguiars #83. My first problem was massive dust during buffing - I got help here.

1 hour ago I completed my work and wanted to get lost of the dust on the car to see the final result. I started to wipe off the car with a meguiars microfiber towel... but it doesnt work: I collected the whole "dust" but it doesnt get away. Another view made it look like LINT!!! Looks like a lot of fine fibres mixed with the dust of the #83. I also tried to wipe it off with the california duster but I also only "collected" the lint & dust - it has been still on the paint.

I used today ONLY the W8006 pad and 2-3 MF towels to wipe off. The MF towels are freshly washed, regular used and did always a great job - cant believe that the fibres come from them...

Where does this stupid lint comes from??? I´m getting crazy, my day-work is broken... the finish looks nice if there where not these collected lint&dust areas.... aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Any idea?

A spray down with final inspection maybe.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');