• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painted alloy rims need help..whats your advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted alloy rims need help..whats your advice?

I recently bought a pre-owned Ford Focus ZX3. The car has 6 spoke factory alloy rims (painted). The front rims have some streaking, perhaps from a overly harsh cleaner, and some black discoloration from brake dust. I used Meguiars wheel cleaner to get the majority of the **** off the wheels and they are pretty decent looking. What do I do to get some of the streaking and discoloration off the wheels? Since they are painted should I use clay, paint cleaner or what? I am asuming that treating the wheels just like any other painted surface is the best course of action. Your advice is greatly appriciated

Thanks,
    Krazy Ken
    I've always been crazy...
    It keeps me from going insane!

Yes, you can use an old or dedicated piece of clay on yoru wheels, and use a paint cleaner, or cleaner/wax, etc.

Hopefully they didnt use too harsh of a cleaner, and you will be ok.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks...
      I used clay on the wheels, followed up with deep crystal paint claener, Deep Crystal Polish and then wax. The wheels now look nearly new. I wish I had taken some before and after pictures to post here because the difference is fantastic!
      I've always been crazy...
      It keeps me from going insane!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');