• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange stain removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange stain removal

I was asked what to use to remove a stain off the paint off a1979 911 today and i really wasn't sure. I tried cleaning the paint with clay and DC1 but still nothing??? the paint is white and the stain is a very light brown and he has no clue where it's from. The guy also said he only notied the stain after he got it "detailed"...he paid quite a bit for the detail and there is still really bad swirls?? what should i do to try to remove the stain??
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Can you see if there is any etching?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

nope, at least I dont think there is any, it just looks like something that was above the surface. I am pretty sure it wasn't bird droppings or anything like that. It was at Canadian Tire(where I work) but hopefully I can track the guy down to help him out.. I think he might be a friends dad because I don't see many of those Porsches around Calgary.

I will try to get pics too!

hopefully I will think of something, I am thinking of using #83 but, I don't even know what I'm removing???
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord

Comment

I noticed something like this on the front of my Jeep the other day. It looked like a bug had been hit and it went everywhere. I used some DC1 and worked it in really good by hand. Finished it off with DC3 by hand and it looks great.

Then just yesterday I found this really thick brown looking stuff that is sticky on my hood? 2 or three spots about the size of a dime. Crazy thing is I hadent driven it since I washed it and its not under a tree? Ive not tried anything on it yet b/c ive not really had the time. Anther crazy thing is little bits of mud Ive been finding? Its like mud daubers are carrying the stuff around and loose their load or something? Then a small rain comes and it runs down the hood and looks awful.
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I already tried DC1 worked in well with a terry applicator
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord

Comment

*bump*

I am going to be working on this porsche soon, I will try ColourX first, and if that doesn't work, i will try #83 on that spot and 80 over the rest of the car

edit: after claying I will colourX then 83 if that doesn't work
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');