• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King Ranch hot weather detail...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Ranch hot weather detail...

here are some pics of my brothers Ford King Ranch pickup we did yesterday, man was it muggy outside, probably about 90 degrees and 80% humidity...

The truck was in good shape to start with as he keeps it nice, so we washed it with Hyper wash, clayed the truck, used 80 with my new Dynabrade DA head attachment on my Porter Cable rotary on a 8" polishing pad. First time I have used this and LOVE IT! The polish breaks down much faster and it does the work quickly. We then applied MPPP with the PC on a finishing pad. Dressed the wheel wells with Hper Dressing and tire with Hot Shine tire spray.

Before (Notice the haze in the background, it was steamy)

Afters

Interior (I didn't touch the interior, just thought the seats were cool)

Nice Job! I live in Evansville, so I know how humid it gets up there. I recently did a F250, see extreme makeovers, and it took me all day to get everything done.

For the seats: This product does not have a similar Meguiars product. I use this stuff called Purple Power. It comes in this jub for about $5 and you can get it at Oreilly, Autozone, Wal-Mart, etc. Just thin this out with water. I usually use 20 parts water and 1 part Purple Power. This is an all in one auto degreaser - engine, tires, etc and it's cheap. Just spray on the seats, making sure you put it on evenly. Let it sit for 1 minute and wipe off using some pressure and a clean towel. This will remove that black discoloration in your seats. Repeat as many times as needed to remove the filth. I then finish with an application of the Gold Class Step 2 Leather Conditioner. Because the Purple Power removes all the oils in the leather, you will need to apply a thick coat followed by atleast 2 coats every 3 hours.

I removed all the discoloration in my light tan colored seats in my Sable.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Nice job.

Comment

Thank you,
        Seems that color doesn't really have a lot of "pop" to it, but it is a nice truck. The weather has finally cooled off a little bit so it will make detailing tolerable...

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');