• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Wax Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Wax Question

I have a 2001 Toyota Highlander, Millenium Silver, washed about every three weeks since I bought it new, and waxed about every 9 months. Last weekend, I washed it using Meg's Gold Class shampoo, clayed it using Meg's Clay kit, then waxed it with Gold Class Liquid Wax. It looks great! Better than when it was new!

My question is - would I get any visible (or otherwise) benefit from putting another coat of Gold Class liquid wax on it now, i.e. layering the Gold Class liquid wax. I've seen conflicting posts here and other forums about the benefits of layering Gold Class Liquid Wax...

Thanks in advance for any replies!!!

I always put 2 coats of any wax I use, to even the coat and be sure I didn't miss a spot (slim chances of missing the same spot twice).

Comment

Re: Gold Class Wax Question

Originally posted by kclundy
      I have a 2001 Toyota Highlander, Millenium Silver, washed about every three weeks since I bought it new, and waxed about every 9 months. Last weekend, I washed it using Meg's Gold Class shampoo, clayed it using Meg's Clay kit, then waxed it with Gold Class Liquid Wax. It looks great! Better than when it was new!

My question is - would I get any visible (or otherwise) benefit from putting another coat of Gold Class liquid wax on it now, i.e. layering the Gold Class liquid wax. I've seen conflicting posts here and other forums about the benefits of layering Gold Class Liquid Wax...

Thanks in advance for any replies!!!
      Other than the 2 coats you should apply for even coverage..

I'm an avid GC user, and I have not seen any advantages to adding multiple layers beyond 2. Two coats are not even noticeable. But what your trying to accomplish, is to make sure you have even coverage, and get any spots you may have missed with the first coat.
      Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

2 replies in five minutes! Good point on missed spots. Thanx!

I think I'll put on a second coat this weekend (after washing it, of course...) If nothing else, I enjoy the therapeutic value of waxing (you know; middle management in a big corporation, etc., etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by kclundy
          (you know; middle management in a big corporation, etc., etc.)
          I know what you mean all to well..

In the future, when your waxing apply the first coat and Swipe Test (to see if it's ready), and remove. Wait at least 15-20 minutes (usually doing other detailing stuff) come back and apply the second coat and remove
          Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');