• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Mold Release Wax (#8, 87,88)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Mold Release Wax (#8, 87,88)

I'm about to start a fiberglass project in my Jeep for a speaker enclosure, and had a couple of questions about the Mold release waxes.

I'm using the Tap, and glass method to build my speaker box. (Lay down blue painters tape, then use resin and fiberglass over top, then pop out the shee and stretch fleece over the speaker ring)

My questions is, could I use a mold release wax to ensure that resin would have less of a chance of sticking to the painters tape? If so, which wax should I use?

Thx Guys.

Do yo mean to apply one of our Mold Release Waxes on top of the blue painters tape?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Do yo mean to apply one of our Mold Release Waxes on top of the blue painters tape?
      Yes, I've read in some write-ups to apply a mold release wax, I wasn't sure if this was the proper time to use one or not, it would make sence to me though.

Comment

If it's recommended, then it's probably a good idea, it should help. As for recommendations, we have a Universal Mold Release Wax in a paste can, this should work just fine but any of the below should work for your application.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');