• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures from Meguiar's Open Garage - August 2nd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from Meguiar's Open Garage - August 2nd!

On Wednesday nights, starting at 5:00pm and going until around 10:00pm, Meguiar's will host an Open Garage in which registered members of our Meguiar's Online Discussion Forum can sign-up to bring their own car down and work on it using the complete arsenal of Meguiar's products and tools with experienced and trained experts on hand to help you as well as show you the proper techniques for getting show car results!

In about 25 minutes we'll be getting underway!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Wish I could be there!

This is where a WEB CAM would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Had an awesome time and learned A LOT!

Thanks Mike and Sean!
      /Keith
      2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

We had a great time, thanks to the Meg's crew, Mike, Jason and Sean. The hood on Ella C SRT looked amazing when it was finished.
        2005 Chrysler 300c Bright Silver

Comment

Another fun night with forum friends at Meguiar's Garage!

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by fatchance
            We had a great time, thanks to the Meg's crew, Mike, Jason and Sean. The hood on Ella C SRT looked amazing when it was finished.
            Hi John,

First we would like to thank you for bringing Ella and her car to Meguiar's Garage and allowing us to work on it. As you can see Ella keeps her car in pristine condition!

There were however to very unsightly scratches in the shape of an arc, running from the back of the hood by the windshield all the way to the front of the hood on the passenger's side of the car.

Here's some close-ups of the scratches, while they don't look very deep, they stood out like a sore thumb on an other wise flawless finish.

The paint also had these almost perfect, circular indents throughout the hood as you can see in the below close-up which is actually a section cropped out of the above photo and actual size.

In order to remove these scratches we decided to use a technique called Feather Sanding, where you take a small piece of Meguiar's Nikken Finishing Paper, about the size of a postage stamp, and carefully sand directly over the defect you're trying to remove and feather the edge out until you can no longer see the scratch.

After sanding out the two long arc scratches, we took a photo of the entire hood so you can now see just how long these scratches extended over the passenger's side of the hood and we think most people would agree, that if they owned this car and the finish was otherwise flawless except for two distinct, long scratches in the hood... well you would want them out of the paint also!

The easy part is actually sanding out the scratches, the tricky part is removing the sanding marks!. This however is where Meguiar's excels! We've been creating products that use diminishing abrasives since 1901 and our product have the ability to actually remove defects without instilling defects at the same time and that's the secret to creating flawless, show car finishes!

We would like to note that we think Ella's eyes got a little bigger while watching us sand on the hood of her baby...

Stay tuned for the after pictures!
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Mike and Sean.
              It was great. Now I know exactly what I can do at home.

Great hands on class and great products.

What a good combination!

Ted

Comment

Looks like you have a guest appearance by Jason Rose.

Looking forward to the follow up pix. It should be interesting to see the buff out process.
                -Bob
                NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME
                  Looks like you have a guest appearance by Jason Rose.

Jason Rose, Mike Pennington, Claude Sevigny, Sean Mearel, and Darrin Pereria were all on hand to help out we just didn't get pictures of everyone.

It was truly a team effort with everyone lending a hand!
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Any ideas on those round indentations?

As i noticed a couple the other day on my car

Comment

SHOW US THE PICTURES! =)
                      2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by Alex7938
                        Any ideas on those round indentations?

As i noticed a couple the other day on my car

Those are from the smaller cousin of the guys that do the crop circles.
                        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                          Those are from the smaller cousin of the guys that do the crop circles.
                          LMAO

Comment

I was thinking maybe rivits from someones clothes as they leaned on the car.
                            Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
                            "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Paulvr4
                              SHOW US THE PICTURES! =)
                              Hi Paul,

I'm working on the after pictures right now. Hang on a few minutes...
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');