• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures from Meguiar's Open Garage - August 2nd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CANADIAN GUY
    I was thinking maybe rivits from someones clothes as they leaned on the car.
    The photo is really zoomed in. In person they're much, much smaller than that.

They're all over the hood (in the lighting I couldn't tell how prominent they are on the rest of the car) and they're all perfectly round, as if somebody took teeny, tiny cookie cutters and made zillions of little indentations.

I'm thinking they were somehow made by water beads but I've never seen water spotting that looked like that before.

PC.

Comment

After wet-sanding out the defects, we carefully massaged out our sanding marks and then asked Ella to apply some M21 Synthetic Sealant. Here are the results...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Amazing work... Thank You Mike..

Comment

It truely is amasing what you can do when you have the right tools. Great job!
          You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Hey Mike

Do you have any pictures during the buffing process. How about some comments/training on technique used.
            -Bob
            NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME
              Hey Mike

Do you have any pictures during the buffing process. How about some comments/training on technique used.

Waiting..!!!!

Comment

Here is my baby at Meguiar's

You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Here are a couple more from that day.

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME
                    ...Do you have any pictures during the buffing process...
                    I don't think Mike took any more pictures but here's a link to when he did the same kind of spot sanding thing to fatchance's 300:
                    http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...898&perpage=10

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc
                      I don't think Mike took any more pictures but here's a link to when he did the same kind of spot sanding thing to fatchance's 300:
                      http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...898&perpage=10

PC.
                      Thanks Paul!
                      -Bob
                      NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                        After wet-sanding out the defects, we carefully massaged out our sanding marks and then asked Ella to apply some M21 Synthetic Sealant. Here are the results...

Is that brilliant black like the Dodge color (green flakes in it)?
                        If it is, my Magnum is that color and man does it pop. Did you find the paint to be hard? I have tried 80 on the hood and it made a bit of a dif. after 3 trys. I am thinking I might have to try 83.
                        Got Faith?

Comment

The paint was real hard. here is the write up to her process. The color is Brillant Black the same as the Magnum and the Charger.

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

Originally posted by BuckeyeMCS
                          Is that brilliant black like the Dodge color (green flakes in it)?
                          If it is, my Magnum is that color and man does it pop. Did you find the paint to be hard? I have tried 80 on the hood and it made a bit of a dif. after 3 trys. I am thinking I might have to try 83.
                          2005 Chrysler 300c Bright Silver

Comment

Originally posted by BuckeyeMCS

Did you find the paint to be hard?

As compared ot John's Chrysler 300, when we did more or less the same procedure, we found the paint on Ella's car to be a lot harder. The sanding marks on John's car buffed out fast and easy. The sanding marks on Ella's car buffed out slow and it took a lot longer to completely remove them.

Here's John's process taken from this thread,

Photos from Meguiar's Garage on March 19th

John aka Fat Chance, let us do a little wet-sanding on his Chrysler 300 as the hood was hit with an egg and it left some deeper scratches on the hood.

This photo was actually taken after wet-sanding with a backing pad and then using a rotary buffer with a cutting pad and M84 Compound Power Cleaner to remove the sanding marks. We didn't get any pictures of how bad the scratches were before we started but you'll get the idea...

After removing all the lighter scratches from the process above, we then cut up some small pieces of Nikken #2500 grit Finishing Paper to zero in on just the scratches while sanding.

After sanding each of the individual scratches flat, we then removed the sanding marks using the W-7006 Foam Cutting pad with some more M84 Compound Power Cleaner at around 1500 rpm.

We then re-polished the area with a W-8006 Foam Polishing Pad and some M83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish with the rotary buffer, the re-polished again using M80 Speed Glaze with the G100 and then applied some M21 Synthetic Sealant.

About the only sign of the scratches left was this tiny little residual scratch right here...

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');