• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference in packaging = difference in formula?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in packaging = difference in formula?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

could someone tell me the difference between the two products above?

on the left is the ones with older design layout/packaging.

also are you guys having trouble removing DC#1 paint cleaner? as in, it is not as easy to swipe off compared to colorX or NXT tech wax.

it feels as sticky as, or even more sticky than #7.

You actualy have the old and new labels reversed.

Perhaps you got a very old bottle of DC#1, which could be part of the problem.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

hi murr,
      so you mean for both products new and old are reversed?.

hmm..but the retail outlet in my area first had the tech wax on the left, now they have the one on the right. ....

...confused.

Comment

Yes, the 'left' photos are the new packaging. The 'right' photos are the old.

Comment

okay, thanks alot murr!

Comment

One other note, DC#1 doesnt need to dry before removing, whereas Nxt and ColorX should dry. #7 is kind of an odd product, and never reallly does dry.

I have never had any problem, other than some dusting, letting DC#1 dry, but you really arent supposed to. Also could be a bit of your issue.

Comment

ohh....but do they have different formulas?...

I may buy another which doesnt look the same as the one I bought...hopefully that will work...

or else...I'll just stick to good ColorX

Comment

They are both the same formulas.

Comment

DC1 cleaner should not be left to dry like a wax. If it dries it will be very difficult to remove. It won't hurt anything but you may need to reapply some cleaner or use Quik Detailer to get rid of the residue. Instead, work the cleaner over a small section of paint (~1 by 1 foot) and wipe off while still wet and you'll get good results.

For NXT or ColorX, apply a thin layer to the whole car, let it set for 15 or 20 minutes and then wipe off.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');