• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corvettes of Riverside at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvettes of Riverside at Meguiar's!

Corvettes of Riverside at Meguiar's!

On August 5th, 2006 Meguiar's will proudly host a hands-on detailing class for members of Corvettes of Riverside! here at Meguiar's Corporate offices in Irvine, CA.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Great Class

Mike,

Awesome class. I learned a lot and the work you do is amazing. Hopefully when I work on my car, it will come out just as good. With your products, I'm sure it will. Thanks for the samples.

Ed

Comment

Great class today filled with enthusiastic and passionate Corvette owners and one member bringing his pristine 1964 1/12 Mustang Convertible. We used Dan's 1963 Corvette Stingray and the Mustang for our demonstration vehicles and taught everyone how to choose the right products and apply and remove them the correct way in order to remove the swirls and create a show car finish!

What are they looking at?

More pictures to be posted later!
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for all the great info Mike, it was a pleasure attending the class today. We gained a lot of knowledge and also learned some interesting facts and history about Meguiar's.

I recommend your class to all.

Tell Barry thanks also!

Here's some pics and video I shot today.

Corvettes of Riverside & Friends attend "Detail Days at Meguiar's"

Comment

Originally posted by pcfred
          Thanks for all the great info Mike, it was a pleasure attending the class today. We gained a lot of knowledge and also learned some interesting facts and history about Meguiar's.

I recommend your class to all.
          We do our best to make our classes both fun and educational. Our goal is to insure that when you go out into your garage you'll get show car results the first time and every time!

Tell Barry thanks also!
          I'll see him on Wednesday and tell him for you.

Great pictures Fred! Thanks for sharing your clubs detailing class here at Meguiar's on your website! I'm going to try to post some more pictures today.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, sorry to go a little off topic here but, how much pressure is being applied to the PC here?...looks like a lot...but then it could just be the picture...just curious....looks like a great class by the way !!
            Bill Poirier
            West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD
              Mike, sorry to go a little off topic here but, how much pressure is being applied to the PC here?...looks like a lot...but then it could just be the picture...just curious....
              About a half a dozen people tried their hand at using the G100 polisher and some of them were pushing down too hard on the head of the unit. That's what's so great about a real hands-on training class, in that we have the opportunity to watch and correct technique.

Rest assured, we did show the correct pressure and arm speed as well as all of the other important techniques for both working by hand and by machine as both methods require correct technique.

looks like a great class by the way !
              It really was a fun class but all of our classes are fun because the people in this industry are fun people! Car Guys and Car Girls hanging out in the garage working on cars, it doesn't get any better than this!
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                It really was a fun class but all of our classes are fun because the people in this industry are fun people! Car Guys and Car Girls hanging out in the garage working on cars, it doesn't get any better than this!
                If anyone else is like me on this forum, they're green with envy everytime we see pictures from these Saturday classes One day I'm going to own either a classic muscle car or a convertible corvette and I will make the trip to California from NY just to share in the fun you guys have every Saturday...thanks for always sharing the stories...they're a joy to read...
                Bill Poirier
                West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Had a very educational time on Saturday. Mike is full of it... oh! I mean information. Good information and great technique. I am recommending this class to another truck club I belong to.
                  Thanks again Mike and Barry for supporting this class. And thank you very much for the goodie bag and food.
                  Doug
                  Riverside, CA

Comment

Originally posted by 64Ranger
                    Had a very educational time on Saturday. Mike is full of it... oh! I mean information. Good information and great technique. I am recommending this class to another truck club I belong to.
                    Thanks again Mike and Barry for supporting this class. And thank you very much for the goodie bag and food.
                    Doug
                    Riverside, CA
                    Hi Doug, sorry we had to take off on you Sat. but you know how it is, Vette gotta play
                    I told Joe I though you might want to get a Vette after watching us.
                    It was nice meeting you.

Comment

Mike

Thanks for an interesting and informative class.

Gary

Comment

Excellent Saturday Class

I read the Clay Bar article when it appeared in Corvette Fever magazine, but didn't really comprehend the purpose or the process until it was explained and demonstrated expertly by master detailer Mike Phillips last Saturday. Thank you Mike, you're the best! Always keep that great sense of humor.

A BIG thanks also to Barry and the Meguiar's company for the generous goodie bags and tasty food and beverages. My auto shop classes in high school and college were never this much fun to learn in.

I hope to bring my brother to a Saturday class in the near future so he can also experience firsthand what I've been raving to him about.

Gordie

Comment

This was a GREAT class! So many questions that I had about detailing my car were answered. The hands on portion of this instruction is priceless. It definetly says something about a company to show you, hands on, how well their products work. Thanks a million to Mike and Barry!
                          - Dan

Comment

Here's Dan's 1963 Corvette Stingray early in the morning before the sun was overhead and it was kind of overcast. In this type of lighting most cars look pretty good!

After the classroom portion of our clinic was over and we ate pizza lunch, it was time to look for a couple of cars to use for teaching how to remove swirls and restoring a show car finish. When we took a second look at Dan's Corvette only now with the sun directly overhead, the light from the sun revealed the true condition of the paint.

Dan gave us permission to use his Corvette to teach product selection and proper technique, so we had Dan drive his Stingray into Meguiar's Garage to let the paint cool down while we looked for another good candidate.
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

The first step of Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle is to wash the car to remove loose dirt. Because Dan keeps his car extraordinarily clean, all we had to do was wipe the exterior down using Meguiar's Speed Detailer and Quik Detailer to remove light dust.

After that, we inspected the finish with the palms of our clean hands and discovered some light above surface bonded contaminants, for this we clayed the entire finish and safely removed these using clay from Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit.

You can get more information about Meguiar's clay here!

Suggested Smooth Surfaceâ„¢ Clay Kit

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');