• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before I return NXT for a refund...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Before I return NXT for a refund...

FYI, the NXT Paste is less likely to streak, even in high humidity. As my bottle of NXT liquid got older, it started to streak. It did not streak when it was new.

GC looks very good though, and it was reformulated for longer durability.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

My two cents: I just bought the Yaris. It is 'meteorite grey'. In the six weeks since it left the factory, it most definetely needed a good coat of wax. It felt like dead skin - dry to the touch. I put some of my existing liquid gold on it. I stopped in the auto store and decided to try the NXT paste. Wow! The thing glistens. That's the word for the silver color. As a matter of fact, I coated one panel and left the other for comparison. The shine is very intense with the NXT. When the sun hits it, it is blinding. I am very pleased.
      2007 Toyota Yaris
      2001 Volvo S60 T5
      1981 Volvo GLT Turbo

Comment

Guys
        newbie here...
        I tried the NXT paste wax. My experience was that the dusting was horrible. The white specs went everywhere including down the crevice between the hood and the fender so that when I opened the hood it went all over the engine compartment. Like wise, it went into the cowl vent, and all over the black trim and rubber gaskets.

Was I putting it on too heavy?
        Any one else have this problem?
        I never see this with Gold Class.
        Thanks
        Gary

Comment

welcome doc
          alberto gorin
          known as gorin002

Comment

Originally posted by scmerkur View Post
            Guys
            newbie here...
            I tried the NXT paste wax. My experience was that the dusting was horrible. The white specs went everywhere including down the crevice between the hood and the fender so that when I opened the hood it went all over the engine compartment. Like wise, it went into the cowl vent, and all over the black trim and rubber gaskets.

Was I putting it on too heavy?
            Any one else have this problem?
            I never see this with Gold Class.
            Thanks
            Gary
            Can you please elaborate. By 'specs' do you mean dust? Or caked-on residual wax due to overapplying the product.

Regarding your question "Was I putting it on too heavy?" Most inexperienced people will apply the product waaaaaay too thick which does not allow the product to dry/harden and after you've wiped it off there is virtually no protection left. Not to mention all the unsightly excess wax you'll leave in cracks/crevices(which is what I'm assuming you're referring to by 'specs') This will also create a lot of dust. A small amount of dust is to be expected in 99% of 'waxes'. A very thin layer which is allowed to dry properly will leave a protective 'shell' on your paint and minimize dusting. Then you can re-apply another layer. An analogy would be spilled paint which is wiped up after a brief period. You find the outer layer will be dry yet still be wet underneath.

Hope that answers your question(s).

Comment

Everglo, thanks for the response.
              Yes, by specs (sorry, forgot to "splelchek" ) I meant the minute white particles of wax that are dislodged when buffing off the initial application.
              I will attempt to apply the paste much thinner next time.
              I was happy with the shine, but I had used the claybar first and was just blown away by how smooth the surface was before using the wax.
              Thanks again for your help. There is alot to learn from all the experience on this forum.
              Gary

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');