• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Purpose Cleaner plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by volunteer1816
    Thanks! I will check out Franco during lunch! I owe you one!
    I went during lunch today and WOW! You weren't kidding...they have anything and everything! It was pricey, I could have done better on the internet, but it what I needed was at my fingertips. I went exit 19, is there an easier way?
    VOLUNTEER1816

"It's all about the prep."

Comment

I went during lunch today and WOW! You weren't kidding...they have anything and everything! It was pricey, I could have done better on the internet, but it what I needed was at my fingertips. I went exit 19, is there an easier way?
      Exit 19?.......That sounds like the (NC) Hwy 7, (Ozark Ave.) exit......That's the best way to find them, as it is a straight shot to their store if you are coming from Charlotte via I-85 south.

As you exit the cloverleaf, turn right at the stop sign, then follow the road until you go under a train underpass, and the store is on the right at the stop light.
      r. b.

Comment

Word of caution about Franco's. I hope they are under new ownership. About 3 months ago I went in there looking for Meg products and hit jackpot. They have everything you could imagine from Meguiars. I told the guy working the counter I felt like I had hit jackpot. So I spent alot of time in there looking through the products and reading labels. They didn't have any prices on the products so you have to ask them for the price to know how much you're spending. The whole time I was there the guy kept asking me if there was anything he could help me find. You know, like some irritating sales person. It's nice to be asked once or twice but if I tell you I'm just looking, I'm just looking. Anyway that day I bought $100 plus in the store.

One week later I went back to give them somemore of my hard earned money. I asked for the prices on a few things. Well there was an older woman (60+) that kept asking me if there was anything in particular I was looking for and I told her the same thing. I was just looking. She had the nerve to rudely tell me I was in there a week earlier and didn't spend a dime and the didn't allow loitering. I was almost floored by her remarks. So I told her I spent $100+ the week before and she could ask the other guy. She said she didn't have to ask nobody nothing. So after a few choice words I dropped the product I was going to buy and walked out the store. I was pissed I secretly called back to see if they take refunds because i was taking all the stuff I had bought back. No luck, no refunds.

I later found out that that same woman is the owner and the guy in there is her son.

By no means was this type of action a reflection on Meguiars. I called Meguiars to see if they have some type of complaint department or something. But they don't. I know Megs has no control over any retail dealers. So I filed a complaint with the better business bureau. Megs did offer free shipping if I decided to purchase from MOL. I'm extremely happy with MOL and Customer Service.

I have been looking locally for another PBE store and found Carolina Auto Paint in Gastonia. Pep Boys (Gastonia) carries some stuff from the Pro Line along with their Consumer products and they also have some of the new accessories.

Sorry for the long thread but I just wanted to warn you guys to be careful. It's hard not to go back to Franco's because of their large selection, but I will not step foot back in that door unless it is under new ownership.

RockyTop

Comment

However, if anybody can confirm they have changed ownership...........please let me know.

Thanks
          RockyTop

Comment

RockyTip,

Nonsense like that is a huge pet peeve of mine,especially the unlisted prices business that seems to be standard operating procedure for paint and body supply stores in general.

As for the attitude of the woman knowing all it's in all the past now, I would've make it very clear to her it is uncalled for. I would've been polite but stern with her and made it be known that I would go out of my way to let everyone I know who may remotely be interested in purchasing something from her store to go elsewhere.

Reputations are very important and when folks like that start taking them for granted and think they can treat their customers disrespectfully they need a big wake up call.

I sure do hope the place has new ownership too and you have a more positive experience in the future!

Rant off
            my product collection-- New !
            My Detailing Credo
            Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyTop
              She had the nerve to rudely tell me I was in there a week earlier and didn't spend a dime and the didn't allow loitering. I was almost floored by her remarks. So I told her I spent $100+ the week before and she could ask the other guy. She said she didn't have to ask nobody nothing. So after a few choice words I dropped the product I was going to buy and walked out the store. I was pissed I secretly called back to see if they take refunds because i was taking all the stuff I had bought back. No luck, no refunds.

I later found out that that same woman is the owner and the guy in there is her son.

RockyTop

I'm speechless...
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I used to go there myself (Francos), but their prices have gone up substantially in recent years (i.e. a certain Makita buffer was priced at about $500.00! ).

As for the store personnel, I have felt strange around them too at times, and even my wife has commented about how she felt somewhat out of place in there.

I must have been wrong about Franco being under new ownership, after Rocky Top described them........I must have seen a new employee at the time.

I think that part of their attitude problem is related to the fact that they mainly do business with bodyshop accounts? (Just guessing)....... But that's still no reason to act like they did to R T !

On the other hand, Carolina Paint has been friendly to deal with. I took back an extra gallon of APC+, and exchanged it for Wheel Brightner with no problems. Dwayne Pfeiffer (Meg's NC Rep) even treated the employees to a day at the Food Lion Auto Show at Lowe's Motor Speedway last year, as I was told.

The botton line is that I will only go to Franco if I have to, but the best service I've ever got came from Meguiars themselves.

And thanks for the Pep Boys tip R T.
                r. b.

Comment

Haha, I wish someone would have taken a pic of the look on my face. I was shocked this woman was treating me the way she was. I was told by a local towing service that Franco's business has really gone downhill because of the way they treat the customers. This experience happened a few months ago and I was going to start a thread in this formum regarding the matter but I figured I would let it rest. Since someone mentioned the store I felt like I need to put my 2cents in. As a matter of fact after my first trip and purchase to the store I went on MOL stating I had found the motherload locally. Oh Well.

I did stop in Carolina Paint one day and they seemed very nice and will be a good option for something needed right away. Assuming they have it (selection was kind of small). However, all praises to Meguiars Online and Customer Service. I'm glad you guys do not treat customers the way that ole.......oh well let's just stick to the praises.

Thanks
                  RockyTop

Comment

Rusty,
                    Don't get your hopes up too much about PepBoys. They have a lot of the consumer products and very little of the professional line. I think mostly carry wax from the professional line. I was pleased to see some of the new accessories though. They had a great price on the water magnet drying towel. You may also want to check out the NAPA's. My mother-in-law works at a NAPA distribution center and she was able to order me alot of products. With a discount wooohoooo. I'm not too sure what the stores keep in stock if anything.
                    Last edited by RockyTop; Jun 9, 2005, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
                      (i.e. a certain Makita buffer was priced at about $500.00! ).

I'm shocked!! Big time highway robbery!!
                      my product collection-- New !
                      My Detailing Credo
                      Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill D
                        I'm shocked!! Big time highway robbery!!
                        And that was back in the mid to late 90's!

Is it possible that they (Makita) have a model priced near that range?
                        r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyTop
                          Rusty,
                          Don't get your hopes up too much about PepBoys. They have a lot of the consumer products and very little of the professional line. I think mostly carry wax from the professional line. I was pleased to see some of the new accessories though. They had a great price on the water magnet drying towel. You may also want to check out the NAPA's. My mother-in-law works at a NAPA distribution center and she was able to order me alot of products. With a discount wooohoooo. I'm not too sure what the stores keep in stock if anything.
                          I stopped by there today........They had some of the new GC accessories........Not a bad collection, considering how skimpy Wal-Mart has been here of late.

I haven't been to Target lately.........I usually go there for a gallon of Gold Class Shampoo.

And yes, I forgot about NAPA.......They are good for a few pro items too, but it sounds like you have a good thing going there with your mother-in-law.
                          r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill D
                            RockyTip,

Nonsense like that is a huge pet peeve of mine,especially the unlisted prices business that seems to be standard operating procedure for paint and body supply stores in general.

As for the attitude of the woman knowing all it's in all the past now, I would've make it very clear to her it is uncalled for. I would've been polite but stern with her and made it be known that I would go out of my way to let everyone I know who may remotely be interested in purchasing something from her store to go elsewhere.

Reputations are very important and when folks like that start taking them for granted and think they can treat their customers disrespectfully they need a big wake up call.

I sure do hope the place has new ownership too and you have a more positive experience in the future!

Rant off
                            Bill,

I saw your collection over on Autopia as well. Where did you get those plastic drawers? I have checked out Target & Wal-mart and nothing seemed similar. My buffing pads and microfibers are currently in plastic bins and they take up too much room on my shelves. I would have the perfect spot for a set of drawers like those. Hook me up!

By the way, probably won't go back to Franco's unless I'm in a pinch. Internet was way cheaper and the bottles don't have an inch of dust on them!
                            Last edited by volunteer1816; Jun 9, 2005, 04:30 PM.
                            VOLUNTEER1816

"It's all about the prep."

Comment

By the way, probably won't go back to Franco's unless I'm in a pinch. Internet was way cheaper and the bottles don't have an inch of dust on them!
                              I'd like to take a picture of their stock, and post it on the forum.

Some of those bottles must go back to the 1980's!

Not trying to speak for Bill, but I think I saw a set of drawers with wheels at Sam's Club, that looked similar to Bill's.
                              r. b.

Comment

Re: All Purpose Cleaner plus

Bumping this one to the present....

I just discovered Francos 2 weeks ago. I went there on a Saturday morning, and there was an older lady, and a younger guy. They both kept offering to help me, but were nice. It was a little annoying, but I figured they don't often get too many "walk-in" customers, and Gastonia is a small town, so I figured it was just "southern hospitality". I too was annoyed by the fact that prices were not on the products. They did have some really old looking stuff - Including a couple of gallon sized containers of either the MPPC or MPPP. But man, they had a TON of stuff.

I ended up buying the So1o backing plate, 2 foam So1o pads, a wool so1o pad, some sandpaper, and a bottle of M85. The total was about $80. They made me feel at home though. I asked them which Meguiar's pads they had in stock, and they invited me behind the counter to dig through a huge box of pads. All in all, I was pretty pleased with the experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');