• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Care

The 2 step cleaner and conditioner is usually better than the 1 step products, correct? So it would be better to use the aloe cleaner then the aloe conditioner rather than the gold class cleaner/conditioner.
    '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
    '09 Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro
    Attention to detail is the key to success
    Steve

Well, better is relative.

It probably would be a deeper cleaning with the 2-step system.

But if you keep after it, using the Gold Class 1 step products (though I am not a huge fan of the wipes) could be better. Better to use a 1 step product monthly than a 2 step system once a year.

So, it is just a matter of fitting your routine. You could do the 2-step twice a year, and monthly one-step products, or the 2-step system quite often, or whatever. All up to you
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

On a side note, I prefer the after-treatment feel of the two part Aloe system rather than the Gold Class spray (I think the spray makes the seats slipperier.)

Comment

i use the wipes for my seats and are not slippery at all
        Greetings from the Netherlands

Comment

I agree.... the Gold Class Rich Leather products have never seemed slippery to me.

I just dont like the wipes cause I dont seem to get enough liquid. I ended up using the spray + wipes.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525

I just dont like the wipes cause I dont seem to get enough liquid. I ended up using the spray + wipes.
            I know what you mean, it's like the leather isn't drinking up enough to condition itself.

Comment

Speaking of leather care.. I use Armor All's Leather Gel.

It's both a cleaner and conditioner and smells just like leather..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                Well around here we're kind of Meguiar's folks
                Armor all leaves the leather looking much too greasy and unatural.
                '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
                '09 Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro
                Attention to detail is the key to success
                Steve

Comment

I like using Gold Class Aloe Cleaner and Lexol conditioner.

Comment

Originally posted by alfa164super
                    i use the wipes for my seats and are not slippery at all
                    I use to hate wipes...but after I tried those I was more than satisfied..they work awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by onnfire
                      Armor all leaves the leather looking much too greasy and unatural.
                      The Leather gel doesn't.. At least the numerous times I've used it. I've tried Meguiars leather wipes and didn't like it.

Whatever works for his or her own.
                      Last edited by Nosbusa; Aug 11, 2006, 12:41 PM.

Comment

one stupid question - does the GC Leather Cleaner/Conditioner supposed to be a "thick" liquid?

I bought one from my local auto store today, applied it on my leather and found it hard to squeeze it out. Anyone else has a similar problem?

Cheers

Comment

I bought one from my local auto store today, applied it on my leather and found it hard to squeeze it out. Anyone else has a similar problem?
                          It's pretty thick stuff. You have to shake it pretty well to get it to flow out of the bottle easily and sometimes I have to clear out the hole with a nail. After it's about 1/3+ gone it seems to free up better. Great stuff.....you only need a very small amount.

Mort

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');