• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to locate a PBE Store in your hometown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to locate a PBE Store in your hometown

How to locate Meguiar's Professional and Detailer products in your hometown

At every Detailing clinic held on Saturday's here at Meguiar's in Irvine, California, around the rest the of the United States by our Professional staff, and constantly on discussion forums all over the web, the question comes up,

"Where can I find the Professional Line of products and the Detailer Line of products?"

Meguiar's Professional Line
    For those that may not know, Meguiar's Professional Line of products, are the products that come in the Tan Bottles with the Numbers on them. Like this one,

Or sometimes they're not in a tan bottle, but another container, but they have the distinctive and often talked about or posted part number, like this one,

This is what is known as Meguiar's Professional Line. These are products primarily formulated and sold into the professional side of the auto appearance industry. This includes products for use on the assembly line at car manufacturing plants, and also products for use in the Refinishing Industry, for example your local body shops and dealerships that offer collision repair.

Meguiar's Detailer Line
    Meguiar's manufactures the highest quality products for the professional detailing industry. This includes,

Degreasers and Multi-Purpose Cleaners
    Car Washes
    Glass Cleaner
    Wheel Cleaner
    X-Press Liquid Wax
    Last Touch High Gloss Quick Detailer
    Body Solvent
    Tire Dressings
    Solvent Dressings
    Water-based Dressing
    Aerosol Spray Dressing
    Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
    Plus other miscellaneous tools and supplies

In order to purchase these products locally, you need to find what is called a PBE Store. Let me explain what a PBE Store is.

In the Automotive world, there are two types of auto parts stores,

* Hard Parts Stores
    * PBE Stores

A Hard Parts store is a store like Pep Boys, Kragen, AutoZone, etc. These types of auto parts stores sell a large variety of auto parts including Meguiar's highly popular Consumer Line which includes, Meguiar's Deep Crystal, Meguiar's Gold Class, and Meguiar's NXT Generation.

Some Hard Parts stores sell a few products from the Professional Line, such as M-02 Fine Cut Cleaner, M-07 Show Car Glaze, M-2616 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax, M-3416 Final Inspection, and M-4016 Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner & Conditioner to name a few.

PBE store is an auto parts store that like a Hard Parts store sells traditional auto parts like spark plugs, starter motors, oil etc. but they also stock and sell Automotive Paint, and Body Shop Supplies and Equipment.

PBE stores don't tend to have large neon signs on the outside of their building because they often lean more to the Mom & Pop type of business than belong to large, nationwide chain stores.

For this reason, these stores a little harder to find. But note this, if your town or city is large enough to have a body shop or two, and also a new car dealership or two, (which probably includes a majority of towns and cities in America), then chances are very good there is at least one PBE store within an acceptable driving area from where you live and work.

Here are three ways to find a PBE store in your area,

1) Meguiar's Online Dealer Locater
    Simple click on the link above, type in your Zip-Code and then select the Meguiar's Professional Products option. Hopefully this will give you some accurate leads.

2) Look in the Yellow Pages of your local phone book. Look under the Automotive section under Paint Supplies, (or something similar). Often, if there is a PBE store in your area they will place an add in the local yellow pages. A quick phone call will tell you if they do indeed sell body shop supplies and carry Meguiar's Professional Line.

3) This is probably the easiest and simplest, but not always the fastest way to find a PBE store. The next time you're out driving around and you see a Body Shop that is open. Pull over, and locate someone who is wearing jeans and looks like they work in the shop. Often times their clothes will be dirty because the refinishing business is a dirty business. Ask this person,

"Where does your shop purchase their paint, compounds and polishes at?"

Chances are very good he is going to tell you about a local PBE store, also called a Paint Store, (but not house paint), and point you in the right direction.

Those are three ways to locate a PBE Store in your hometown.

Important Note: After you locate a PBE Store in your hometown, upon exploring the store, if you do not find the Meguiar's product you are looking for, whether it be a Professional Line product or a Detailer Line product, but you do see other Meguiar's products in tan bottles with numbers, rest assure they can order the specific product you're looking for, simply ask one of the counter people if they can help you out.

Sometimes it will help if you have either a Meguiar's Professional Catalog with your are the part number for the product you are looking for. For example, if you're dying to try out Meguiar's very popular quick detailer in the *New* Detailer Line, the part number is D15501 and the name is Last Touch Spray Detailer

I hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Thanks Mike, I have to say this is a truly great forum thanks to you. I've never had anyone get back to me so quickly and thoroughly. You do a hell of a job!

Comment

something's wrong with the dealer locator link, mike. I think this is the right one:

Detail enthusiast from bimmerforums.com
      machines: Porter Cable 7336 DA and 7428 rotary
      Favorite products: Meguiars: #83, #80, NXT techwax, All-metal restorer. Other brands: 1Z PP, S100 wax, Stoner Invisible Glass, Klasse AIO.

Comment

Hey Mike what happen to the dealer locator to find PDE dealers?

Comment

Originally posted by kenji815
          Hey Mike what happen to the dealer locator to find PDE dealers?

It's right here!

Dealer Locater on Meguiar.com

And I'll edit the above link to make it go to the correct page. Once in a while they move things around on meguiars.com and then the links don't always work on this forum.

Thanks!
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

the database seems to be broke.. you might want to notify them.
            after you type in zip code and search it gives a database error.

Comment

Works fine for me. Entered 90066 and tried all sort options.
              Richard Lin
              ShowCarDetailing
              5548 E. La Palma Ave
              Anaheim, CA 92807
              toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

oh it's fixed.. thanks..
                it wasn't working a minute ago.

Comment

Re: How to locate a PBE Store in your hometown

Just wondering, why isn't this a sticky? I can't ever find the link to the dealer locator on the main website and I always have to search for this thread. I guess that's what bookmarks are for, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg8r View Post
                    ...I can't ever find the link to the dealer locator on the main website ...
                    If you click on the "community button" on the top of the page you'll find it on the left side menu.

There's also a link to the site map on the bottom of every page. The dealer locator is about a fifth of the way down (do a "find word" in the page).

PC.

Comment

I found the list not up to date for my area. Some places are closed.
                      MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Having a catalog with you sounds like a good suggestion, how does a person acquire one ? I requested one of each via your website last May. Still waiting.So has my son who lives in Charlotte. I tried printing a copy of the pro catalog from the site but was too small to be of any benefit. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kellyinkc View Post
                          I found the list not up to date for my area. Some places are closed.
                          Thus method 3
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by don63011 View Post
                            Having a catalog with you sounds like a good suggestion, how does a person acquire one ? I requested one of each via your website last May. Still waiting.So has my son who lives in Charlotte. I tried printing a copy of the pro catalog from the site but was too small to be of any benefit. Thanks.
                            Call Customer Care at 1-800-347-5700 tomorrow and cite this thread, they'll help you to get catalog.
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by don63011 View Post
                              An easy way to get one is to buy something from the meguiar's online store, that's how I got mine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');