• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plexiglass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plexiglass

I have just finished reading the forum thread on using plastx to clean windows. it was helpful but did'nt answer all of my concerns. Here goes; My daughter works at a daycare. In the baby room, on one side of the cribs is a plexiglass window. They use contact paper to write the baby's name on the crib when the baby moves to the next room or leaves the daycare they rip off the contact paper. The other workers instead of using goo-gone or similar product to remove the adhesive, they instead use an abrasive scrubby pad to remove adhesive, needless to say, this has scratched up the plexiglass.

My question is if we tried to remove the scratches with plastx, would it pose a health hazard to the babies or would using it and combined with a thorough rinsing would it be safe to use on the cribs? Sorry for the wordiness, hope you guys can help.

Thanks in advance.
    quality creates its own demand

If it's truly Plexiglas, the you can use either PlastX to remove the scratches and marring.

find out first to make sure it truly is Plexiglas because from what we've seen in over the years is a move to Lexan and harder plastics that don't react well to being abraded with the intended goal of removing a defect and leaving behind a clear, scratch-free finish.

The word, Plexiglas is often used as a catch-all word for clear plastics when in fact often times modern clear plastics are a lot more complex than Plexiglas.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');