• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirl Marks!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirl Marks!!!!

Hey guys, this is my first post. I purchased a 2004 Nissan 350z in February and the paint was just flawless. Not one swirl mark what so ever, even putting my eye 6 inches away from the paint. I wanted to polish my car to protect it from the sun since I live in AZ, so a friend of mine recommended "Super Glaze" and he said it was the best stuff ever. Well I washed my car and applied this stuff with the Meguiars applicator pad in a circular motion and waited about 15 minutes to take it off with a microfiber polishing cloth which I also used a circular motion. To my horror I noticed that now I have swirl marks that cover my entire freaking car! I don't know what I did wrong and I don't think there was any dust left on my car or microfiber. If anyone can please let me know what could have happened so I wont do it again, and please let me know how I can get rid of them. I have heard that Zaino works really well, but I have also had very good results from Meguiars products. I am fairly new to detailing since I really didnt care with my other cars. What could I do to remove the swirl marks and what are other things I can apply and steps to make my car look as shiny as possible? Thanks in advance for your help everyone!

Start by reading as much info as you can here first in this forum. Escpecially this section with detailing 101 and using the pc. Read back posts and educate yourself. I asked a lot of questions whne I came here and I knew about detailing. Well, if I had taken the time about 90% of my answers were right here. There are many articles and how to articles on how to remove swirls by hand, what product, and technique. Hope that helps.

Comment

You mentioned that you washed the car. Did you clay it prior to using the product you referenced? There were probably some contaminants on the surface of the paint that were rubbed into the finish as you were applying the product.

You need to educate yourself in regard to removing the swirl marks. This forum is an excellent start. In the interim, may I suggest you wash the car again, clay it, and then rub in some Meguiar's ScratchX (following the directions exactly) in a small area of the vehicle i.e. no more than a foot square and see if the swirl marks are removed.

You will have to use some "passion" in apply ScracthX because you are removing paint to the level of the swirls which will translate into a smooth finish.

Applying by hand is time consuming and exhausting; however, if that is your forte, then proceed with the entire car. If you have a G100 or PC, you will need to use a cleaner/polish such as Meguiar's M80 to start with and apply it in the same fashion as the ScratchX initially. The difference is that this method is so much faster and will probably remove the swirl marks.

Comment

This thread is a perfect example of how important the TEST SPOT is. Although many people may skip this step because they feel they know what they are doing, if you try a product on the ENTIRE car and then are very disappointed at the result then a test spot with this product may have been very valuable. If you want to see how a product works, try a test spot, if it meets your needs, then you can duplicate this process over the entire car rather than applying it to the entire car only to find that the product damaged your paint.

I'm not bashing anyone of course, just making a point.

So you used the High Tech applicator pad right? The yellow foam one? Had it been stored properly where no dust could have accumulated onto it? It could've caught a little bit of dirt before you tried the product.

Also, what kinda product is it? Cleaner? Polish?

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');