• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear coat vs Non-Clear coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear coat vs Non-Clear coat

To all:

I'm new here and have spent the last couple of weeks reading the articles in this excellent forum. Have also spent a lot of time buying different detailing products and have just finished my first detailing effort with my brand new PC 7424.

Here is my newbe question, and I apologize if it's too obvious to all you seasoned vets.

Is there a difference in the detailing process on a clear coat car and a non-clear coat car?

I got the impression that the only difference is the products you use. I just finished detailing a clear coat car (2003 IS300) and now will start detailing a non-clear coat car (1975 TR6).

My steps used on the clear coat car:
    1) Wash
    2) Clay
    3) Oxidation/Scratch removal
    4) Polish
    5) Wax

Same steps, same products?

Thanks for all the help

Good detailing,
    Vriesea
    Good Detailing,
    Vriesea

2003 IS300

Yeah, Meguiars products are clear-coat and non-clear-coat safe, so you are ok.

One question I have been wondering, and this might help you:

If a pad has been used on SS paint, and has say red pigment on it, can this pad be reused on clear-coat, or on other color SS paint? I dont think the red will transfer off, but just to be sure?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');