• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING- Meguiars gold class Leather conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING- Meguiars gold class Leather conditioner

seems to be a problem with the cleaner on a elisetalk. i have a lotus elise and was going to use this cleaner on my leather but now i guess i will have to find another alternative. any suggestions or help thanks. not sure if anyone has seen the leather on this car

or WARNING- cow smarter than me!

It only works if you’re smarter than the cow that the leather came from.

We dress tons of vehicles with Meguiars leather products.

Cadillac’s, BMWs, MBZs and many other cars have the same type of leather.

We never have a problem but then again (read first sentence).

One needs to back off on the amount of product used. If there is an area without the holes, apply the product there first to evenly distribute the product on the applicator.

If your plugging holes your using too much.

Thanks for the warning just the same though.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

That (clogging the little perforations) is not a problem with GC. It's a problem with that guy's application technique. Any leather conditioner will do that if you glop it on (cuz if some is good, more is better and way too much is just about right!).

I use GC Leather Conditioner all the time. It works great and it's less likely to clog perforations than most other treatments (which is one of the reasons I like it).

Apply any leather conditioner lightly and evenly, not in great heaping globs.

PC.

Comment

Use it every week on my Cadillac seats....a little dab'll do ya

Mort

Comment

Here's what the user wrote,

Originally posted by MONTO

Used Meguiars Gold Class "Rich Leather" cleaner and conditioner in my 05' Elise black int. This product clogged most of the pours in the perforated leather, phone support told me to use a tooth pick.

NOTE: Nothing on the lable says anything about possible clogging of perforated leather pours. Used other products successfully in the past.
          Sounds like he's using liquid version which is very creamy in consistency. If you apply an company's leather product in this form, (a creamy lotion), directly to the leather it's going to do just like this person posted and that is to seep into the perforated holes.

The directions on the back read,
          • Apply small amount on a soft, clean, 100% cotton, terry cloth towel and rub thoroughly onto surface of leather. Use a separate 100% cotton, terry cloth towel for easy wipe off.

Applying the product this way allows you to control how much you're applying so you don't apply to much, note the directions start out... Apply small amount

Working with perforated materials is a challenge because of this exact type of problem, one way to avoid the problem is to use our Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner in the spray bottle and spray the product onto a clean, 100% Cotton terry cloth towel, a clean microfiber or even a foam applicator pad and dampen one side with the product. Then work the applicator cloth or pad over the surface of the leather and the pressure from your hand will force the cleaner/condition into the leather to clean and condition it without clogging the peforated holes.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

i knew he must have been doing something wrong, thanks to all especially mr. phillps. by the way mike, Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner in the spray bottle, where is that on the website
            can't seem to find it. do you have a link to it

Comment

Its funny how the product gets the blame first not the user.People come to my shop after they applied something wrong,then its my job to fix it and read the directions to them.
              2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
              Show Car Detail

Comment

That is why the manual says to only use water, otherwise someone will screw something up!
                Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Originally posted by MRCLEAN
                  ...Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner in the spray bottle, where is that on the website...
                  Gold Class Rich Leather Spray

I like to apply it with a microfiber pad.

Even Coat Applicator

PC.

Comment

Deleted post. Let's remember to be nice. Thanks! -Mike
                    Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
                    Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

Did that guy seriously say he tried using bug & tar remover to get the leather conditioner out of the perforations???

This guy is clearly dangerous and should be kept at least 100 yards from any detailing supplies or fine automobiles.

Comment

Originally posted by MRCLEAN
                        i knew he must have been doing something wrong, thanks to all especially mr. phillps. by the way mike, Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner in the spray bottle, where is that on the website
                        can't seem to find it. do you have a link to it

Actually, it's a team effort here at Meguiar's, there's always lots of people behind the scene working hard so everyone's successful, especially our customers.

Here's a suggestion for your friend, he might try using a strong vacuum to try to pull any excess product out of the perforated holes. Put the vacuum the end of a strong vacuum right against the leather, (but carefully), and try to **** any of the excess product out.

Also, if he call our Customer Care Hotline and cites this thread, we'll send him a bottle of the same product in the spray version which he can use to dampen one side of a clean microfiber and then use this to wipe his leather seats down. By applying a spray on product to a cloth to dampen it first and then using this dampened side to wipe down your leather seats, you can effectively clean, condition and protect the leather without the risk of placing too much excess product into perforation holes, stitching, or seams.

We call it, Precise product placement

Customer Care: 1-800-347-5700
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I actually like the leather cleaner wipes for this reason. I still use the "cream" conditioner/cleaner every few months, but in between, use the "wipes" version for maintenance.

Also the Quik Interior Detailer wipes is also great for wiping down leather and scuff marks off interior plastics.
                          Richard Lin
                          ShowCarDetailing
                          5548 E. La Palma Ave
                          Anaheim, CA 92807
                          toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

It must be an American thing....all the items are labeled its that they don't always get read....

My personal favourite is the Claymore (anti personal mine) it has printed on the front of it "face towards enermy"

I have found that the GC leather cleaner likes to get into cracks or folds in the leater seats..but I have a soft paint brush that I use to 'detail' it out and always use the 100% terry towel to apply, leave for 5 to 10 min and then use a clean section to buff it.

Comment

Originally posted by MotorcycleDetailing
                              My personal favourite is the Claymore (anti personal mine) it has printed on the front of it "face towards enermy"
                              LMAO.......

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');