• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between Quik Detailer and Speed Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between Quik Detailer and Speed Detailer

Hi Bros,

Nice to discover this forum. I'm using Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Autoglym Extra Gross Protection for sealant protection.

Thanks to many websites on the comprehensive coverage of quick detailing between washes, I will like to give it a go as well.

My ride (Honda Jazz) isn't as smooth as it used to be from the first time I polish and sealant it (about 2 weeks back). But the beading properties still show that there is ample protection.

I went to my local car accessories store in Singapore, and saw 2 products by Meguiars:

1) NXT Generation™ Speed Detailer
    2) A3316 Quik Detailer

From the description, both products seems to work the same way. As such, I'm not sure which one should I be getting. Hence, I decide to ask first.

I'm planning to use it together with a car duster for QD. Spraying the whole car and wiping down.

Some questions I am thinking:

1) I think it will work fine too if I want to spray a certain area to remove bird poo and stuff?
    2) Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the 2 products and which is a more suitable one I should be getting?
    3) Generally, how long does 1 bottle last, assumming daily use?
    4) Will either of the products strip off the EGP sealant?
    5) Will either of the products create this smooth feeling to the car?

Thanks & Regards,
    Adrian

Buy both, you wont be disappointed . But to answer the main question, they are about the same, but I find that speed detailer leaves a bit of protection behind it. and they are both great for removing bird poo, quick jobs,etc. Sorry for the short post, i am running late for work. I am sure someone will chime in with more info!
    2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

I use Speed Detailer after each wash. I spray it on and wipe off one section at a time with a Maguiar's microfiber. It seems to bring out the car's finish nicely. I hear it also adds some sort of protection

I use Quick Detailer in between washes. This is good for removing light dust and dirt, along with bird poo and things like that. I also use a Maguiar's microfiber.

For me it lasts quite a while, but that will depend on the size of the car and how much you use.

Others here can give you more specific information of what each product does...I'm just a rookie

Comment

Have you clayed the surface of the car before polish and sealant? That will make the polish and sealant stick to the paint itself and not the bonded contaminants on top.

I use QD all the time for quick touch-ups of my car. I just recently purchased some NXT detailer and will start using it on my car. I recently just started using NXT Tech Wax on my car so I want to use the detailer of the same. I use the QD for my claying process and it works really well.
        2016 Focus ST

Comment

I like the Quick Detailer better then the NXT detailer. It seems to me that the Quick Detailer works better as a lube for the clay. Also in between washes it has a better shine to it then the NXT detailer.

Comment

Thanks all!

I did some reading up too. I don't think my eyes will be that sharp to notice any visible difference between the 2.

But I guess the slicker and more shiny one wins. I shall go ahead and try out the NXT Speed detailer and see how it goes. Its cheaper to get that here than the QD.

Comment

i've used both and prefer the quik detailer for claying, and the speed detailer for everything else. i was lucky enough to find a bottle of the speed detailer at my local autozone (they discontinued carrying it) and it rang up for $.01!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');