• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stage 2 Grip Force Performance Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 2 Grip Force Performance Clutch

So...I have a question. I'm going to buy the formentioned clutch. And I was just curious since I know there are many many more people on here than on MO so I thought I would ask my question here (sorry mike if this is in the wrong place on the forum, I do believe it is in the right one, however). Have any of you heard of it? Any reviews? If you have heard anything on it, please reply. Thank you

~JD
    Car: '03 Indigo Ink Toyota Matrix XR, Pretty much stock...

Never heard of it.... I have a SPEC stg.3 in my SS. I would say stick to the name brands. SPEC, Macleod, Exedy, Centerforce...etc.
    ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
    561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
    --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
    --

Comment

never heard of it. im looking at a exedy twin plate for my evo in the future.

your signature says your matrix is pretty much stock, why are you looking for a higher performance clutch?

also try ACT, they probably would have a clutch for you
      Lancer Evolution VIII
      I4T

Comment

Like most things, you get what you pay for. I'd stick with a brand name clutch. But you can buy this one...and another one 5k miles down the road.

Unless you're making considerably more power than stock, stick with OEM.

Comment

I also have a SPEC stage 3F Iron disc & a billet steel flywheel.
          2000 SS Camaro, slightly modded.

Comment

Originally posted by Overtaker
            Like most things, you get what you pay for. I'd stick with a brand name clutch. But you can buy this one...and another one 5k miles down the road.

Unless you're making considerably more power than stock, stick with OEM.

Your clutch is the weak point in the transmission. This is done deliberatley - a clutch replacement is cheap, a gearbox replacement isn't. Personally I'd only upgrade the clutch if a brand new one would slip under load, or if I were getting a stronger gearbox.

Can't seem to find that specific item on the 'net.
            Gil A. Castillo

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');