• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hood Protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood Protection?

Well, as I try to erase mistakes made on my Lude (tough battle with 97k miles on her, lots of defects), I turned my attn to my wifes CR-V, just 25k miles. The hood is in pretty good shape though their are 2-3 areas that I have repaired (poorly) with touch-up paint.

So my ideas are a clear bug shield, a bra, or the 3M scotchguard approach. I didnt think 3M was an option since the car is 2 years old, but they said it would be ok, if it were in good shape...I believe it is. Anyway thoughts from you guys/gals? I know the bra will leave a mark and the paint wont fade, the clear bug shield seems cool, and doesnt attach directly to the top of the hood (might actually protect more of the hood since its elevated-big plus), not sure if the paint would still age/fade evenly though. 3M seems cool, be installing it myslef : / and is the most expensive...

Thoughts?
    04 TL Silver
    04 CR-V Taffeta White

I have the 3M coating on my ES350. Since I have a silver colored paint it is very difficult to find the edging of the film at certain angles. It is a bit costly for a bit of 6mm film to cover the attacking edges of your vehicle. I would say this product is a bit gimmickie, but I run into so much junk on the road I had to try it once. The manufacture says you can wash and wax the film because it is permeable, so we'll see this weekend how GC wash and NXT wax works on this.
    Brake, brake, brake, oh ****...

Comment

I was thinking about getting one for my accord but decided not to because it was ugly. I will get my car repainted in a few years anyway
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Had the clear film on both my previous cars and will be getting it on my next car (selling my cars at the moment). I am an installer of the clear film so I am a bit biased. The link shows the film on some cars (the two Subarus are mine).

Link Here
        Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');