• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dacp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dacp

Just ordered a PC and some DACP and other various products. What is the appropriate way to use DACP or #9 with a PC? An what pad would you all recomend using.

DACP with 7006/8006 speed #5

Comment

For DACP I would stick with the 8006 Polishing Pad. DACP has what are called diminishing abrassives. The abrassives in DACP break down becoming finer as you work the product. DACP is capable of leaving a very smooth finish that is ready for a polish and/or wax if it is used properly. The problem most people have with DACP using a PC is that they don't work it long enough for the abrassives to break down completely and they wind up with micro-marring. What I do is work DACP with the PC set to 5 until the product appears almost dry. I then wipe it off and examine the area and go over it again if need be.

The only difference with #9 is that you don't want to work it until it is dry, you want it to remain a little wet when you wipe it off.
      Last edited by rjstaaf; Jun 24, 2004, 07:13 AM.
      Bob
      2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
      Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

I agree with rjstaaf about the 8006 pad...stick with that one.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I'm so excited to join the PC world.

Comment

Hey,

Welcome to the PC world!! In time, I am also sure that we will be welcoming to the rotary world as well!!

As to your question, Bob covered it well. I, too, would avoid using the W-7006 Cutting Pad with the PC. I have found that it seems to dull down the finish when used with a PC.

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hey 2hotford,

Thanks for the welcome. I finally got to use the PC today, it sure makes the process a lot easier. My pad that I used DACP with has build up around the edges. How can I get this off with out of tearing off part of the pad? What exactly is a soft bristle brush? Thanks for all the help so far.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');