• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Migration Complete - Post Issues here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Migration Complete - Post Issues here.

Forum Migration Complete - Post any issues here.

Hey everyone, just a note to let everyone we have migrated the Meguiar's Online discussion forum to our new servers and for a while there may be some bugs to work out.

Photo Gallery Issues
    We know already there are some problems with our Gallery so until we address these issues, we would like to ask that you refrain from uploading any photos.

Missing Posts
    Also, there is a few hours missing from the back-up we used to reload the forum database, we apologize for this, as this was not in the plan but because of a snafu this is how it worked out. So if you see one of your posts missing we sincerely apologize for this and hope you'll forgive us.

Any other issues should be posted to this forum and we will do our best to take action and find the solution for any discovered problems.

Thank you for your patience!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Your avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all distorted and such.

Comment

Originally posted by SL1CK
      Your avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all distorted and such.
      Yeah I've been trying to fix it for about 10 minutes and so far no luck.

On my monitor, you're isn't looking too good either!
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, I run a forum based off of vBulletin also and am fairly active over on the vBulletin support forum. You might want to see this thread regarding the corrupted avatars / attachments issue:

2004 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew 6.0L Diesel - Black
        2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Dark Shadow Gray

Comment

Oh and see this thread also as it explains why it happens...

2004 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew 6.0L Diesel - Black
          2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Dark Shadow Gray

Comment

My whole thread is missing. It took quite a while to upload all the photos and put it all together also. Oh well, just have to start over.
            Happy Corvetting

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye project car in the works...

Comment

Just to toss out there, my gallery thumbnails dont work, but the full pictures behind them are fine.

So hopefully your pics are safe there as well, wont take a few minutes to re-do if they are.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Glad to see the site is back up and running again.
                2016 Focus ST

Comment

mhm i wonder whats wrong??

lol all our avatars are no longer allowed on MOL thats why they are being censored
                  Patrick Yu
                  2003 Honda Accord
                  2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Yikes Mike! It looks like you took 60 grit sand paper your avatar. Better hit it with some diamond cut or possibly some dacp, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten
                      Mike, I run a forum based off of vBulletin also and am fairly active over on the vBulletin support forum. You might want to see this thread regarding the corrupted avatars / attachments issue:
                      Thank you for the lead, I'm positive our Webmaster is following this thread and over a matter of time any issues that can be resolved, will be resolved.
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

12:27 PST still busted..........

Hmmmmmmmm time posted 12:14 is wrong.
                        SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Posted a thread in the "code mistakes" forum about the avatars (didn't notice the topic here)
                          Most of the time when images are distorted like this, it's because they were uploaded in the wrong mode (ASCII / Binary)
                          Images should be uploaded in BINARY mode.

If images are stored as "text" inside a MySQL table - it has probably to do something with the field type being used.
                          showroomglaze.net

Comment

Some of these "new" avatars look pretty slick...lol

Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
                            2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

I'm glad to see you guys have kept your sense of humor about the avatar corruption

I'm looking into it now that I've mostly gotten the thumbnail and missing images problem handled. If there's any missing images or thumbnails it's now because the files haven't been transferred yet from our previous host and they hopefully will be soon.

Obviously there were a few people who posted while the database was being backed up over there and we lost those posts in the transistion, so sorry, the migration happened a bit less organized than planned due to some unforseen problems.

You all are great! Thanks for your patience and support.

Ross Conradi -- Webmaster, Meguiar's, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');