• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New All Purpose Cleaner Plus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New All Purpose Cleaner Plus?

The old version of APC+ was/is a favorite of mine. I stocked up on it when I found it was to be discontinued. I use it as much for carpet as for general cleaning.
    Should I replace my original APC+ with the new All Purpose Cleaner Plus or with the All Purpose Cleaner that has been around for several months?
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Re: New All Purpose Cleaner Plus?

Originally posted by CharlesW
    The old version of APC+ was/is a favorite of mine. I stocked up on it when I found it was to be discontinued. I use it as much for carpet as for general cleaning.
    Should I replace my original APC+ with the new All Purpose Cleaner Plus or with the All Purpose Cleaner that has been around for several months?
    Hey, I notice you are from Ankeny.... i am in Des Moines/Altoona area. Now I can not speak for the old APC+ but the 'new version' works well, I have yet to try it on carpet but tons of general cleaning. I have even ran it in my power washer cleaning the garage floor.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I aswell would like to know if there are any difference with the apc+, plus the new version of the detailer line....not trying to hijack charles....i currently have the apc but i havent tried the older or newer version of apc just the middle one HAHA!

Just a side not if you would like to send me a sample charles of the old apc you have i dont might comparing and giving you a review hehe j/j charles
      Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Hey guys,
        I have both the APC and the new APC+. The APC+ has an orangish smell and foams quite a bit less than the APC does, which makes it great for carpet extractors. I would say they are about equal in cleaning power though.

Tom

Comment

One of the things that started me on the "old" APC+ (D-1201) was the fact that the product description said it had fabric softeners and brighteners.
          The "new" All Purpose Cleaner (D10101) also says it has fabric softeners and optical brighteners. That seemed like a good thing for carpet and upholstery. The "new" All Purpose Cleaner Plus (D-10301) doesn't say that, but it does say it Leaves carpet clean, smelling pleasant, and the fibers soft with no sticky residue.
          So, two very similar products, yet different. I don't have an extractor so the low foam isn't of any concern to me. The cost is evidently within a buck or so per gallon so that isn't a factor either. I guess I should just try some of each. It wouldn't be the first time I tried something and then gave it away when it wasn't quite what I had hoped for.
          Charles
          The Rainmaker

Comment

Re: Re: New All Purpose Cleaner Plus?

Originally posted by gb387
            Hey, I notice you are from Ankeny.... i am in Des Moines/Altoona area. Now I can not speak for the old APC+ but the 'new version' works well, I have yet to try it on carpet but tons of general cleaning. I have even ran it in my power washer cleaning the garage floor.
            Pleased to meet you.
            Using the old APC+, new APC or new APC+ in my power washer had never crossed my mind. What dilution ratio are you using with your power washer?
            Charles
            The Rainmaker

Comment

I'm coming into the tail end of this conversation so as not to restart this posting all over I just had a quick question. If I understand correctly, the D-10301(APC+) is discontinued, right? So does that mean the D-10101(APC) is the replacement or what? I see that Autogeek.net sells both, but Meguiar's Direct only sells the D-10101(APC). . . .fill me in on the details peeps!!

Comment

Nono...

There was a much older APC Plus that was discontinued.

Then the new APC and APC+ came out. The new APC+ is only sold by select retailers.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesW View Post
                  Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                  I'm thinking Meguiar's will be at the car show in Des Moines State Fairgrounds this weekend to answer any questions and/or perhaps sell some products!!

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  David

Comment

APC+ is superior and can be used on glass so now you can throw your glass cleaner away.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');