• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove tar easily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove tar easily?

As I polish my car using DCS #2 and found that it cant remove tar with it even i try very hard with lots of polish on my cloths, its just cant works. what other product could make this job easy ? Also I founf the DCS is unable to romove swirl marks and fine hairline scretches on surfaces as its stated on the label. I want my car finishes like pro , what pro product I need to use to remove minor swirl mark and hair line scretches ?
    Is not how you shine your car, Is what you shine your car with

dc#2 wont remove tar or scratches. It is only a polish. Did you try step one of the dc or scratch x for scratches and some type of bug and tar remover for the other stuff.

Comment

You could try GC Bug and Tar Remover. I used to use Extra (which has been discontinued), but this is supposed to work well for... well, bugs and tar.

- Ben

Comment

Hi Vincent

I first wash down the area then use Meg's bug and tar remover. I spray it on, let it sit a few minutes, then use a terry cloth to agitate. Depending on how long it's been sitting on the car you may have to do a couple applications to get it off.

Here is a picture of it in action. Left side you can see the tar breaking down, right side just wiped off with a terry

Comment

Re: How to remove tar easily?

Hi Spotty,
          Thank you so much for your tips and photo. I will try it as yous advise and let you know the results. Now I knew DCS #1,2,3 doesn't work very on tar and scretches..

Comment

Re: How to remove tar easily?

Hi Spotty,
            Thank you so much for your tips and photo. I will try it as yous advise and let you know the results. Now I knew DCS #1,2,3 doesn't work very on tar and scretches..

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');