• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falling love with #20 again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling love with #20 again

I recently purchased 16 ounce bottle of the #20 polymer sealant. I detailed a Lexus SC430 and Chevy Tahoe this week and used #20 on both vehicles. The Millennium Silver of the Lexus and the Pewter Metallic of the Tahoe were both enhanced by the #20.

I liked it so much, I buffed a coat of it on the Jeep and my F-150...
    Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
    Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Hey,

Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant has always been one of my favorites for a VERY long time! It has protected my personal vehicles paint through some of the worst weather Mother Nature could throw at them. Moreover, the reflective gloss and shine is incredible!

Cheers!
    Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I first used #20 about 15 years ago. I din't remember why I stopped. I picked up a bottle last fall and now I really don't remember why I stopped.

My Dad's 'vette with #20

Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"
      2013 Camaro ... triple black
      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

I have used both NXT and #20. I think NXT seems a little better at filling light swirls. What are everyone else's opinion of #20 vs. other Meg's wax/sealants.

Comment

#20 and quick detailer

We have had a few days here with late afternoon/evening thundershowers. After the thundershower, the sun comes out and vehicles tend to get water spotted quickly.

Since I applied #20 to my vehicles, all it takes to eliminate the water spotting is a aspritz of QD on each panel and a soft towel... it sure has made keeping my vehilcles clean a hell of a lot easier!
          Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
          Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

any other opinions on the two?
            Chopped 55 Suburban
            99 3.0 CL
            Family cars:
            1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
            48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
            New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
            Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

and, how does #20 work w/ a PC?
              Chopped 55 Suburban
              99 3.0 CL
              Family cars:
              1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
              48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
              New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
              Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

#20 is the easiest sealant to use, gives a very good shine and has very good durability. I think NXT gives a better shine and fills in swirls better. NXT is almost as easy to use as #20. I have not compared durability of NXT with #20 but I have compared it to MPPP and so far it is hanging right in there with the MPPP on the hood of my car.

RamAirV1
                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I have both 20 and nxt but have not really compared the two. I have put both on my wife's white camry. It seems to me that the 20 stays slick much longer. On the other hand, it may just be me.

Comment

I have been thinking alot about using #20 this year for winter because of the good comments I have read from people who have used it through tough winters. But I was reading that it does stain trim, and our vehicles have alot of trim (takes forever to tape off). So i was doing some searching for sealants the wont stain trim, and read two posts that said that #20 doesn't stain trim. So now I have read too much and just ended up being confused. I was hoping that some of you could let me know if #20 does or doesn't stain trim? Also people have said that NXT won't stain trim, is NXT pretty compareable to #20 for winter protection. I live in ND so we get alot of below 0 temps and drive alot on sand/salt roads with irregular washing routines at coin operated or gas station touchless car washes. 1 more question, would topping either of these products with #16 add to the durability, or are these products about as durable as you will get?
                    Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
                    Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Comment

Bluemoon,

NXT will stain black trim, and it is very hard to remove. I found this out the hard way.

I got some NXT on my mudguards that have a textured black finish, and it was tough to get out. After several attempts, I found the best way to remove it was to let the trim soak in some 3M Tire Dressing and scrub with a toothbrush.

While NXT is designed to bond very tightly to clearcoat finishes, it also bonds very tightly to plastic trim, so be careful when you apply it.

Comment

Thanks for your help tgara.

Comment

I really like #20 too. It is the first polymer sealant I ever used in my detailing business. Very easy to use and decent durability.

BTW, wait a day or two and top with #16. Adds a nice layer of 'wet' to the great reflections you get from #20. Nearly bulletproof combo too!
                          Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by tgara
                            Bluemoon,

NXT will stain black trim, and it is very hard to remove. I found this out the hard way.
                            This kind of depends on the trim. I purposefully applied some to the splash guards on our Pilot and left it to dry for 2-3 days. A quick once over with a tooth brush and it came right off. It is best to avoid pebble textured black plastic and other trim pieces however.

While NXT is designed to bond very tightly to clearcoat finishes, it also bonds very tightly to plastic trim, so be careful when you apply it.
                            I was impressed when Lt1Corvette didn't hardly affect it on his black Corvette with an aggressive Dawn wash. He completely destroyed my ability to get good before pictures of his car's finish because it made his horrible looking black paint look so good!

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax
                              I really like #20 too. It is the first polymer sealant I ever used in my detailing business. Very easy to use and decent durability.

BTW, wait a day or two and top with #16. Adds a nice layer of 'wet' to the great reflections you get from #20. Nearly bulletproof combo too!
                              Just curious, what type of longevity did you expierience when you topped #20 with #16. Also, since you have used #20 alot, does it stain trim? If you have ever seen or detailed a Honda Element you will know why I am curious. Takes longer to tape off than it does to wax.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');