• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falling love with #20 again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,

I have found that #20 will give an incredible reflective finish. But NXT adds to the gloss with more depth and warmth.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by tripper_11
      Instead of starting another #20 PS vs NXT:

What differs in the "looks" department?
      NXT Tech Wax will do a better job of eliminating cobweb-effect.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        NXT Tech Wax will do a better job of eliminating cobweb-effect.

Mike
        OK! I take it from you!
        I wash and wash my car until the whole thing disappeared!

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
          Hey,

I have found that #20 will give an incredible reflective finish. But NXT adds to the gloss with more depth and warmth.

Tim

Tim, can you clarify this?

NXT gives above-average "deep wet look shine" which also provides reflectivity isn't? How #20 is more reflective than NXT? I can't wait to read your explanation!

Comment

Hey,

One of the best aspects of detailing is the subjective evaluation of how a product looks! I have been detailing for close to 20 years now. Over the years, I have always strived to obtain perfection in the paint finishes I complete. That is the reason why I use Meguiar’s as I can consistently achieve my goals from using their products.

And, just to clarify from the start, I use Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax at least 95% of the time!

Over many years, one of my favorite combinations of products was the #20 Polymer Sealant and topped with #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax. I love this combination for several reasons. Firstly, #20 provides a highly reflective finish, as most polymers tend to do, IMHO. However, on certain colors, I prefer the warmth and the depth provided by a carnauba blend product. Meguiar’s #26 provides the warmth and depth I prefer.

So, in order to get the best from both worlds – the high reflectivity from the polymer combined with the warmth and deep gloss of the #26, I use both. Again, this is very subjective, but in detailing it is those subjective qualities that differentiate between various products.

Back in November/December 2003, I was given the Lab Sample E (now called NXT Tech Wax) to test out and evaluate. What I found was an amazing product! It provided a very reflective finish with the depth and warmth that I preferred on certain finishes. Essentially, the NXT replaced my 2-step combination of #20 and #26 as it has the qualities I was looking for from those two products.

Here are a couple of pictures on #20 topped with #16 Paste Wax(a carnauba blend):

Meguiar's #20 topped with #26

Here is the Lab Sample E (NXT Tech Wax) early photos:

Here is NXT's reflective properties:

Here is a link to another thread I did regarding the NXT:

NXT: My Take Part II

So, from my experience, I still do see a difference between products. As such, I see #20 Polymer Sealant as being slightly more reflective than the NXT Tech Wax. To some people, this may be more desirable. To others, the depth and warmth from a carnauba blend may be better. Or in my case, I like a combination of both! That is the reason why I use NXT Tech Wax at least 95% of the time!

Cheers!
            Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Because of its reflectivity, I especially like to use #20 on wheels. Ease of application and removal is another factor too.

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Thanks Tim, I guess all has been said!

The only conclusion I have in mind is to keep both #20 (#26 is a daily wax) and NXT on my arsenal, just waiting for each other's turn as the need arises!

Comment

Very well written Tim. Each product will produce slightly differant appearance, as is shown in your pictures (also very well done). It is a matter of trying differant products and/or product combos, to see which one gives you the look you like best. My favorite just happens to be #20 topped with #16, with no other explanation than it is what my eyes like the best. Luckily Meguiars make the differant products that they do, that produce the differant looks, giving everybody the ability to find what they like most. And hopefully everybody will have a differant favorite. After all, its the differances that make the world an interesting place.
                  Last edited by bluemoon; Jan 5, 2005, 07:10 PM.
                  Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');