• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body Solvent question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Body Solvent question

I think that it's primary use is for petroleum based things like tar and road grime not bugs. I would imagine that this stuff works excellent in engine bays, wheel wheels, and the undercarriage. I've never found anything that works well on bugs other than a mesh covered sponge (bug sponge) which I usually use with just soap and water. I'm looking forward to using this on the lower panels of my truck to cut the grime.

Comment

I find to be rather useless but it smells damn good!!!!
      Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Body Solvent
        Meguiar's Body Solvent changes the traditional method of removing tar, road grime, gum and other petroleum based substances. Instead of applying and scrubbing, its VOC compliant formula can now be sprayed on the surface, allowed to soak, penetrate and break down the contaminant, then wiped clean with ease

I've found that it works very well for its intended purposes and even some unintended. Bugs, according to the description and as I understand it, is not one of them.

As a detailer I find it very useful to have a variety of products on hand for any situation that may arise. Even at that, however, I don't go through a gallon of Body Solvent nearly as quickly as other products. I could see it taking years to use up just on personal vehicles.

If you really want to sell it to someone, you might consider that ADS sells a gallon and sprayer for around $23.50.

Jonathan

Comment

Does Body Solvent strip wax?
          2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
          2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
          1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by Mayur View Post
            Does Body Solvent strip wax?
            I was wondering the same thing since it removes petroleum based products. Since it doesn't remove bugs it seems like it specifically formulated for road grime. I'm hoping that it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by fromthecoast View Post
              I was wondering the same thing since it removes petroleum based products. Since it doesn't remove bugs it seems like it specifically formulated for road grime. I'm hoping that it doesn't.
              Me too because I want to try some of this stuff out. Would make a great spray to remove crud from the underbody prior to wash.

Comment

I've got some coming in on Thursday that I will try out on a friends car Friday. I'll drop a line on here once I have used it.

Comment

From what I understand, it does strip wax off.

Mike
                  Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
                  ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

Originally posted by mh68 View Post
                    From what I understand, it does strip wax off.

Mike
                    Blasted! Thanks for the reply though.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');