• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slippery Steering Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery Steering Wheel

I have a three-month old Acura RL. The leather on the steering wheel installed at the factory is very slippery. Is there anything I can do to make it a little less slippery and more grippy? (The surface of the steering wheel on the BMW I owned before the Acura was just right.) Thanks.

Was the leather slippery from the day you bought it or has it become slippery over time? Have you ever put anything on the steering wheel?

Comment

From the day I bought it.

Comment

I have two Honda's with their factory-wrapped leather steering wheels. I have no idea what kind of leather they use but it must be coated with some sort of plastic/vinyl product. It is very slick.

The only thing you could possible do is apply some dedicated leather conditioner to it. I highly doubt it will soften up the leather but may leave some "stickiness". It's not ideal but unfortunately, it's probably as good as you can do.

The other alternative (which would be opposite of having factory installed leather) would be to get a steering wheel cover. The Honda leather steering wheel cover is less "plasticy and slippery". More like a leather jacket.

Comment

Thanks. That's not good news, but it is very helpful. Have a nice holiday.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');