• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masking off before polishing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masking off before polishing...

I was wondering if any of you can give me an estimate of how long it takes you to tape off a car before polishing. I polished my dad's car which is a 97 Civic Sedan and it took me almost 2 hours to tape it off. I also taped off all the windows which might have been overkill, however it seems like it took way too long.

'96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

I can tape off my car an 04 Grand Prix in about 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by carnut00
      I can tape off my car an 04 Grand Prix in about 20 minutes.
      Holy smokes! Now I really feel slow.
      '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

Don't feel slow, I'd say on average, the "average" detailer would take around 45 minutes.

It took me a little less than an hour, and I know Mike said he takes up to an hour and a half sometimes to tape off the car.

Comment

Yeah...I would say on average about 30 to 45 minutes. It really depends on the car. I know that I use old terry and MF towels to cover the air cowling near the hood and that cuts down on alot of taping. I also do the same thing on the trunk.

2016 Focus ST

Comment

Good idea rascal.

I usually use old newspaper.

Comment

I only have a 2dr civic so it only takes me 20 or so minutes.

Comment

I have a F150 Screw Cab and it took me a hour yesterday to do mine.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');