• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing swirl marks- DC1 necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing swirl marks- DC1 necessary?

I just took my car for service last week. The dealer must have washed it, now I can see all some light swirl marks on the bonnet and roof on my BMW.

What are the best ways to remove it? The paint conditions of my car are in perfect conditions.

Is it necessary to apply DC1 prior to any application of Scratch X and #7 etc?

Any help is appreciated

Re: Removing swirl marks- DC1 necessary?

Originally posted by technik
    I just took my car for service last week. The dealer must have washed it, now I can see all some light swirl marks on the bonnet and roof on my BMW.
    Many people go to great lengths, with emphasis on the word great to prevent dealerships from washing their car. Although it's meant as a service, historically dealerships have a reputation for instilling swirls during the wash process, (or any paint related duty), versus improving or even maintaining your car
    s finish. You might consider demanding that the car not be washed in the future.

What are the best ways to remove it? The paint conditions of my car are in perfect conditions.
    Read this,

What it means to remove a scratch out of anything...

Is it necessary to apply DC1 prior to any application of Scratch X and #7 etc?

Any help is appreciated
    ScratchX and DC1 are the same types of products, that is they are both paint cleaners, you would choose one and not use both. M07 is a pure polish for creating brilliant gloss after the defects have been removed.

For more information, read Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

In a nutshell, you're going to have use a paint cleaner, followed by waxing. How aggressive of a paint cleaner you use will be determined by how soft or how hard the paint is and how deep the swirls and scratchers are. Polishing is an optional step which you can choose to do after you've used your paint cleaner and then top it off with a coat or two of wax.

After that, take ownership of the car washing process or the swirls will be instilled again by whoever you turn the car washing process over to.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for your quick response Phil. I will give that a try on the weekend.

I think I should be right to use DC1, without using Scratch X as the scratches were very minor and only visible under fluro lights.

Comment

You can certainly start with DC1, remember to really work it in well. Then if it doesn't remove the swirls, you can step up to ScratchX.
        "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
        - Back To The Future

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');