• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good is NXT? Let me tell you!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is NXT? Let me tell you!!!!!

Dateline: Wedesday, June 23, 2004.

Late for work because of accidents on both of the highways that I take. When I did finally get there, there were'nt any parking spots left except for one; under a nice shady tree. I figure, cool the car won't be as hot when I get back in. Little did I know, the tree I parked under shed SAP like I was in the middle of a storm.

When I returned to the car that evening and was putting my stuff away a co-worker came up to me and said "oh no, you did'nt park under that tree did you?" I don't know, I thought it was pretty obvious that I did. Why I said? Everybody knows not to park there because of the sap. Guess what, I did'nt know. My car was covered in it, and I mean COVERED. I could just about see out of the windows. The hood, roof and trunk were the thickest, but it was all over everything. I was afraid to start it and drive it home for fear that the heat from the engine would burn the spots right into the hood. But I had no choice.

When I got home I went right to work; I got the nxt wash out and the quick wax, said a little prayer and hoped for the best.

To my wonderful surprise, the sap almost came off with just the hose, even on the hot hood which I was most worried about. It just goes to show what an awesome product it is.

Thank again Meguiars!!!!
    Last edited by Andy M.; Jun 25, 2004, 06:04 PM.
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Hi 101impala...

First... I've been waiting for the right post to use this one,

Seriously, I glad to hear you were able to remove it without damage to your finish. Same kind of thing happened to me one time, I parked under a tree to keep the car cool and when I came back to it, it was covered with tree sap.

Where I worked at Hewlett-Packard in Corvallis, Oregon, the parking lots had small shade trees randomly planted. There was always a shade tree planted next to a handicap parking space however. I thought it was almost mean to have these sap dropping trees planted in these spaces because some of these people are the least able to wash their car.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have done the same thing, tree sap comes off like a dream with that stuff.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/stepinfetch

Comment

treesap removal

so, tree sap will come off with the wax, or it has to be removed first ?...sorry for my ignorance....thanks,
        Bill Poirier
        West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Re: treesap removal

Originally posted by TKDDAD
          so, tree sap will come off with the wax, or it has to be removed first ?...sorry for my ignorance....thanks,
          The sooner you remove it, the easier. If you get it the same day, A good QD like Speed Detailer will get the sap off. If not try washing using Gold Class or NXT Car Wash. If that doesn't work you will probably have to clay. Some others prefer using alcohol but I haven't had much success with it.

Of course if you clay you will have to re-wax.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Like RamAirV1 said, get it off as soon as possible. The point was the protection NXT provides from the elements.
            Hope this helps.

Andy
            101impala
            Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Re: How good is NXT? Let me tell you!!!!!

Originally posted by 101impala
              Dateline: Wedesday, June 23, 2004.

To my wonderful surprise, the sap almost came off with just the hose, even on the hot hood which I was most worried about. It just goes to show what an awesome product it is.

Yes and where in the past I've had issues with bird droppings..with the NXT these almost slide off on there own. Other waxes have not been as reliable and when the droppings were rubbed off (rubbing doesn't seem to be required with NXT) it alwys left behind a residue. so ROCK ON!! Meguiars

Thank again Meguiars!!!!
              Scott Neth
              Meguiars-There is NO other-
              http://www.godwriter.net

Comment

Sap, not a cars friend

Well, my new black Sonata LX has a product on it called AUTO ARMOR, don't know if anyone knows about it:

I plan on waxing my car (only had it a week) this weekend with NXT....can't wait to see what it does....thanks for the info on the tree sap and I'll post pictures when I'm finished this weekend !
                Bill Poirier
                West Seneca, NY 14224

Comment

Re: Sap, not a cars friend

Well, my new black Sonata LX has a product on it called AUTO ARMOR, don't know if anyone knows about it:

I plan on waxing my car (only had it a week) this weekend with NXT....can't wait to see what it does....thanks for the info on the tree sap and I'll post pictures when I'm finished this weekend !

I checked out their website and product offering, don't look like anything special. Here's what you should try, instead of applying Tech Wax to the entire car, just for fun, apply two thin coats to one section, like about 1 foot squared area on a flat surface like the hood. If you have some painters tape, make a tape line so you will be able to see a distinct difference.

Then inspect the two different sides in different light.

Then, assuming the NXT side looks better, apply to the entire car.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

It won't hurt it right ?

I don't actually mind waxing the whole car...my comment/concern was more toward not affecting the "armor" if I use TechWax....if you've checked it out and you think NXT will help protect the car even more, I'll do three thin coats if I have to...I don't mind....it wasn't a question of not having to wax the car...I WANT to wax it...It's relaxing and I enjoy it...hope I"m not confusing you...thanks for the reply and I'll wait to hear what you say before I get the wax...thanks !!
                    Bill Poirier
                    West Seneca, NY 14224

Comment

Re: It won't hurt it right ?

I don't actually mind waxing the whole car...my comment/concern was more toward not affecting the "armor" if I use TechWax....if you've checked it out and you think NXT will help protect the car even more, I'll do three thin coats if I have to...I don't mind....it wasn't a question of not having to wax the car...I WANT to wax it...It's relaxing and I enjoy it...hope I"m not confusing you...thanks for the reply and I'll wait to hear what you say before I get the wax...thanks !!
                      I think you misunderstand,

The "Armor" coat or wax or whatever it is is just a wax, nothing special, it's not some kind of invisible force field. What you want to do is find something that you like, and use it often.

If you like the Armor product, buy some and use it often. Wax is a sacrificial barrier coating, it's supposed to wear off and when it does, you replace it with some more.

Besides protection, how your car looks is also important to a lot of people, that's why I recommended testing how our wax looked next to what's already on the car.

With Meguiar's you get protection, great looks and you can find our products easily. I don't know that about other products.

Best of luck...
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Got it

Mike, I think I understand....the Auto Armor was a $400 option that was already on the car when I bought it...for that price it should be a force field !...anyway, so I may not have to wax it now since this stuff was just applied a week ago ?....the car looks great, I just want ultimate protection...sorry if I sound like an idiot, this whole detailing thing is new to me but your website and the products that I've already used are awesome...I'm definitely a Meguiars customer for life...but, if I don't have to wax now, no sense in wasting time either...right ?....quick wash, Quik Detailer when she gets a little dusty and I'm good !...thanks again for your quick responses, I really appreciate them....have a great weekend !
                        Bill Poirier
                        West Seneca, NY 14224

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');