• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass Cleaners: Detailer Line vs NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Cleaners: Detailer Line vs NXT

So Im getting ready to buy more supplies and Ive heard a TON about NXT glass cleaner being the "be all" of glass cleaners, some saying its their favorite Megs product, and Im very curious. The thing is now that Im doing detailing for customers on a very regular basis Im starting to see the attractiveness of the Detailer brand. Not only for cost reasons but value.. good stuff for good pricing.

Anyway... NXT detailer through ADS is approx. .20 cents per ounce. Detailer line glass cleaner concentrate is approx. .12 cents per ounce initially. Factor in the fact that you get 11 gallons per 1 gallon of Detailer Concentrate and it becomes a INSANE .01 cent per ounce. (128 ounces x 11 = 1408 ounces. $15.49 / 1408 ounces = .01 cents per ounce.)

With that said... is NXT worth it over the Detailer line? Anyone used both?
    ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
    561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
    --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
    --

First of all, both Glass Cleaners work awesome. They are both safe for tinted windows and if you use a lot of glass cleaner it's pretty tough to beat the gallon deal in our Detailer Line.

If you're using a lot of volume, then go with the gallon in the Detailer line, if it's just for you own personal cars then the NXT Glass Cleaner is convienient because it's ready to use.

As for formula differences that would make one a better choice over the other, we'll check on that but all things being equal, the NXT Glass Cleaner probably has the edge as our top shelf product. That's not to say the glass cleaner in our Detailer line is any less of a product because it's an awesome glass cleaner.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

First of all, both Glass Cleaners work awesome. They are both safe for tinted windows and if you use a lot of glass cleaner it's pretty tough to beat the gallon deal in our Detailer Line.

If you're using a lot of volume, then go with the gallon in the Detailer line, if it's just for you own personal cars then the NXT Glass Cleaner is convienient because it's ready to use.

As for formula differences that would make one a better choice over the other, we'll check on that but all things being equal, the NXT Glass Cleaner probably has the edge as our top shelf product. That's not to say the glass cleaner in our Detailer line is any less of a product because it's an awesome glass cleaner.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Wow! This is a really great question. There's a good amount of overlap in the Meguiar's product range in that they make multiple products of wax, polish, sealant, wheel cleaner, glass cleaner, plastic polish, etc. So, I'm always curious how the different versions of each Meguiar's product compare.

Comment

I have used the Detailer Line Foam glass cleaner, and I am sure it is related to the concentrate.

I thought it worked well, no complaints. But as Mike said, the Nxt just seems a little better.

You probably could save a Nxt bottle though, since I would rather hold that doing windows than the plastic Detailer Line bottles. Perhaps you could mark your own 10:1 dilution lines onto the Nxt label then.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've only used NXT Glass Cleaner occasionally but from what little experience I've had with it I've seen no noticeable advantage over the Detailer line Glass Cleaner.

Personally, I prefer the D20120/D110516 spray bottles over the NXT bottle anyway. I don't mind doing dilutions, acquiring DI water or storing the gallon concentrate container either. So for me it's Detailer Glass Cleaner, no contest.

I have to admit I really love using the Foaming Glass Cleaner. I just can't justify the cost difference for my own use. It might be a different story in a commercial application where the clinging foam and aerosol dispensing improve application efficiency and vehicle throughput.

Dang, that reminds me. I was going to try a D110813 foaming sprayer head and I forgot to add it to may last ADS order. Oh well, there's always a next time....

PC.

Comment

Thanks Mike... appreciate it! Ill go with detailer line this go round.
              ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
              561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
              --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
              --

Comment

I have used the NXT glass cleaner and it works very well, no streaking. I just ordered some of the foaming glass cleaner and am going to try it next time I wash. I was hoping the foam would break down the grime on the front window if I let it sit for a little bit.

- Ben

Comment

I finally picked up a bottle of NXT Glass Cleaner and out ALL the glass cleaners I've used this stuff is AWESOME. It destroys that ugly inside film that builds up after time on the inside of your windows. Perfect window's everytime.

Comment

NXT is by far and away the best glass cleaner Meg's has, I wish they offered it in gallons. It not only works better than any of their other glass cleaners(I've used to old D-line, the new D-Line, and the foaming aerosol), it seems to give the glass a shine as well as cause water to bead up. It also seems to keep the inside glass from fogging up with that plastiscizer film a lot longer than the other cleaners.

If I was doing a volume of cars that someone like Joe does, I don't think I could justify the cost of NXT over the D-Line stuff, but for the volume that I do, it's more than worth the cost.
                    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

I recently bought a gallon of the D-Line Glass Cleaner. I have the NXT and love it, but the savings of the D-Line lured me in. I wanted it for around the house, shop and for my farm equipment. I have to say I really like the results of the D-Line cleaner. I haven't used a bunch of it, but it cleans well and wipes easily. I will probably keep the NXT around, but the D-Line is great stuff. I do like the 32oz bottle better.
                      Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');