• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures in signatures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures in signatures!

What's it going to take to get pics in our signatures? I don't see it being an issue as long as the signatures size (picture + text) is limited to 600x400.

Such small pics shouldn't affect browsing, considering just about EVERYONE has broadband now.

Another reason to have pics in sigs is that we get to see what everyone drives and how shiney their cars are. I know everyone here loves their cars and would love to show them off in their sigs if they only had the chance.

Having pics in the sigs would make this site so much more interesting. Just TEXT TEXT TEXT is so dull. Sig pics break up the monotany and make the forum more enjoyable.

Would you other forumers like pictures in your signature?

P.S. I created this post to look like what a post on another forum looks like, reply + signature, exactly as it looks on the other site.
    No. Pictures shouldn't be allowed in signatures
    58.82%

I enjoy not having the pics. Other forums I belong too that do allow pics and I find it distracting. And too many people think that they are God's gift to Photoshop and have some pic that I think look herendious (sp?). And people like to push the limits of what they can get away with. Maybe I just have not seen enough that I have liked.
    You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

No Pics! Even with a Fiber-Optic connection, it lags down my computer if there's pictures.

Comment

Hey hey look who it is

-Rob
        Mariana Blue Pearl 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
        310 AWHP 326 AWTQ @ 15psi
        http://www.vr4rob.com/

Comment

Originally posted by VR4Rob
          Hey hey look who it is

A familiar face!

I've always loved your car, even before you got the Volks. Definately one of my favorites on the board :

Comment

Originally posted by MaximusZTS
            I enjoy not having the pics. Other forums I belong too that do allow pics and I find it distracting. And too many people think that they are God's gift to Photoshop and have some pic that I think look herendious (sp?). And people like to push the limits of what they can get away with. Maybe I just have not seen enough that I have liked.
            Agreed. I mean I've got a sig pic of my own in the other forums I frequent on a regular basis but for here on MOL I like this place WITHOUT them. Keeps my mind focused on the wealth of info here. I too also think that some people get carried away with their sigs. Its just annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximusZTS

No pics! One great thing about Meguiars Online there is nothing distracting in the signature line, I don't care for photos or 20 lines of text in a signature line.... you have to sort through it to get the information you are looking for, no fun and I loose interest.

Now, I have a link to my gallery in my signature line but its cluttered with all kinds of photos for various posts. I think it would be interesting if.... There was a second gallery we could use for just our vehicle (limited to a handful of photos) and link to it in our signature line.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

It would be nice to have picture's in your signature. But they would have to be a smaller size then this one.

Comment

no pics. I am content with our avatars
                  2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

You can put a picture of your car as your avatar, that way people that want to just read the info on the forum can do just that without all the pictures, but you can still show off your car.

just my opinion
                    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

No pics. Too messy.......

My Avatar!
                      SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04

You can put a picture of your car as your avatar, that way people that want to just read the info on the forum can do just that without all the pictures, but you can still show off your car.

just my opinion

Except the avatars aren't working.

Comment

once they fix that, hopefully soon, then you can put a picture of your car there
                          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Agreed, nix the pics in the sig. I can do without seeing the same pic every time I read some post.
                            Jim
                            My Gallery

Comment

Pictures in signatures tends to make the thread messy, if anyone can make a case for allowing pictures in signatures we will certainly entertain the idea, but historically it tends to make the thread look messy and garbled.
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');