• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures in signatures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pictures in signatures!

Originally posted by grover View Post
    It is annoying to have someone respond,

"yes, i agree"

and then see a huge picture of their car. Then have the next person do the same.
    Exactly, it makes the thread messy, it can be confusing if the thread is about a green Mustang but all the way through the thread you see all kinds of vehicles, and it makes the reader wade-through all the pictures to find the information they're really interested in.

Our Avatar limits are quite generous by most forum standards at 150 pixels wide and 180 pixels tall, this enables a person to share their personal ride or personality effectively enough.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I voted no.

It takes up too much bandwidth for dialup users.
      r. b.

Comment

I don't like scrolling through dozens of signature pics to see the text or question-specific photos; keep the signatures short and text-based only.

Comment

I agree, the Avatar picture is big enough to see what your car looks like. If someone wants to see more of it go the the gallery for a bigger picture.
          2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
          AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
          1st Place-Best Overall Detail
          3rd Place-Best of Show
          March 26th, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Mark McGuire View Post
            I agree, the Avatar picture is big enough to see what your car looks like. If someone wants to see more of it go the the gallery for a bigger picture.
            I 2nd that.
            Yusri Omar
            Perfectshine Detail

Comment

can somebody resize this

or this

for my avatar please?
              BMW Carbon Black '99 Dakota R/T (Click Here)

Comment

Mike isn't there an option where a user can shut off signature when ever they're on MOL.com?

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                Exactly, it makes the thread messy, it can be confusing if the thread is about a green Mustang but all the way through the thread you see all kinds of vehicles, and it makes the reader wade-through all the pictures to find the information they're really interested in.

Our Avatar limits are quite generous by most forum standards at 150 pixels wide and 180 pixels tall, this enables a person to share their personal ride or personality effectively enough.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomR/T View Post
                  can somebody resize these for my avatar please?
                  I've sent them to your email or you can copy and paste these.

*No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

Originally posted by GearHead_1 View Post
                    I've sent them to your email or you can copy and paste these.

thanks!

edit: it sas invalid URL
                    of all the forums I'm on, this is the only one that my avatar wont work.

Comment

Not sure what you are referring to here. You should be able to upload the emailed pictures from your computer in the Avatar section of you User CP panel. You should also be able to right click on the picture and go into the properties menu and copy the URL and paste it into the URL section of the same box in the Avatar uploads. The reason I sent you the picture was so that you could easily upload it from your desktop and still have them hanging around should you want them for other places. These are sized correctly to work with this site's software. The pictures actually reside on this site so the URL thing doesn't make sense. The fact that you can see them in my post means they're still here. If this isn't working maybe you should try clearing your Meguiars cookies and starting fresh.

There is a free piece of sizing software called EZ Thumbnail that you can pick up on Downloads.com that will allow you to easily size most photos by either size or pixel size. That's what I used to do this.

Comment

I vote no, you want to talk about annoying, this is what happens with pictures in avatars, but the person is a friend so you dont want to hurt their feelings as to how STUPID their sig picture is.

2006 Jeep Wrangler X

Comment

Originally posted by GearHead_1 View Post
                          Not sure what you are referring to here. You should be able to upload the emailed pictures from your computer in the Avatar section of you User CP panel. You should also be able to right click on the picture and go into the properties menu and copy the URL and paste it into the URL section of the same box in the Avatar uploads. The reason I sent you the picture was so that you could easily upload it from your desktop and still have them hanging around should you want them for other places. These are sized correctly to work with this site's software. The pictures actually reside on this site so the URL thing doesn't make sense. The fact that you can see them in my post means they're still here. If this isn't working maybe you should try clearing your Meguiars cookies and starting fresh.

There is a free piece of sizing software called EZ Thumbnail that you can pick up on Downloads.com that will allow you to easily size most photos by either size or pixel size. That's what I used to do this.
                          I right clicked them and pasted the url. Meguiar's said "invalid url"
                          I'll save them to desktop and try that way.

edit: did that, it said "This is not a valid image file."

Comment

Try uploading it from your desktop. Save the pictures from the email to your desktop and then upload them. Short of doing it for you I'm not sure what more I can tell you.

Just thought of something, you're not pasting the URL from the properties of the picture after the http://www that is already present in the dialog box are you? That would make for an invalid URL. You only need one set of that particular text.

Comment

tried it off of my desktop, but it wont open it there.
                              I pasted the url correctly a few different times, but I get the same response every time. I think it something with the firewall or something, it works on all of my other forums. weird

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomR/T View Post
                                tried it off of my desktop, but it wont open it there.
                                I pasted the url correctly a few different times, but I get the same response every time. I think it something with the firewall or something, it works on all of my other forums. weird
                                E-mail me the picture to mphillips@meguiars.com and let me try.
                                Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');