• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastx question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastx question

Only used on my cell phone, ehich was scratched and it did a great job by the way. From what I read it is not a good idea to use on my new truck where the plastic is nice. Just some Quick Detailer should do the trick to clean it. It is lightly dusted and a few smudges right now. I will get some 10 and 17 eventually but QD should not harm the finish?

If the plastic is nice, then something like M1808 clear plastic detailer would be a great choice. If M1808 wasn't available to me, then I'd carefully use a qd product. If the plastic is hazy or scratched up, then use the plastix.

If the plastic is bad enough (i.e. severly pitted & scratched headlights, etc), then wet sand them from 1000 grit to 2500 grit and follow that up with a rotary and polish meant for plastics.

Comment

My plastics are prestine inside. I only have QD right now along with plastx.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');