• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Touch -- Detailing Spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    I received an e-mail to day stating that the warehouse expects to be receiving the new secondary bottles for the new Detailer Line and as soon as they get them they will begin filling back orders.
    w00t!
    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Unfortunatly it will be awhile before I can try last touch. When I heard FD was being discontinued I went to the local dealer and bought 3 gallons of it. I know have 3 1/2 gallons. Its gonna be awhile but glad to hear that is a good/better replacement for FD.

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
        I used a quick Detailer spray bottle, I have been told they have a better spray head on them?!?!
        Not the it matters to the home enthusiast but to anybody detailing professionally, having chemicals in bottles that have inproper labels opens you up to the possibility of huge monetary fines.

Comment

Streaking...

Well, I pulled the Aurora out of the garage to give it a QD session today. It was not sunny, though it is hot out (in the high 80's). The car was warm as the garage was a bit warm from the cars being run (the Aurora had been sitting for about 3 hours, though, with the hood up).

Anyway, I spray the roof with Last Touch, and man it just won't come off well. It was streaking everywhere. The paint was warm to the touch, but certainly not hot. Even spraying just a small area and wiping right away I was getting streaks. I was using a DF Towel, and the car was not even very dusty.

I ended up having to go get the Wolfgang QD to finish the car, and even then it was hard to remove the streaking the Last Touch had left.

I've used Final Detail in direct sun before, which does make it a bit hard to use as you have to spray and wipe fast, but it would never streak like this. I guess I could have used that instead of Wolfgang when the Last Touch started streaking, but I didn't.

Anyone else have streaking issues with Last Touch?

Comment

I wonder if putting it in a cooking oil type sprayer would help. That's the only way I spray my FD. I was tired of the streaking from that. The cooking oil sprayer works like an aerosol and concentrates the qd in one area so you can wipe area by area one at a time.
            my product collection-- New !
            My Detailing Credo
            Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Heheh, one of those Misto's? Then people would really think I'd lost it... "Now he's spraying his car with olive oil".

I was using one of those Quik Detailer sprayers, which is pretty fine. I never have issues with FD with the plain old Meg's bottle and spray head.

Comment

I have had a problem with FD leaving streaks if the finish is a little warm, or if I wait too long to wipe it off.
                r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
                  I have had a problem with FD leaving streaks if the finish is a little warm, or if I wait too long to wipe it off.
                  I have trouble with LT on a warm surface as well... Hood mainly, I pull my truck in the garage and wait an hour or so before I use LT and it works great! No streaks.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Well, for me FD works just fine on a rather warm surface(+80 degrees). It probably has to do with it being a light color though.
                    Quadruple Honda Owner
                    Black cars are easy!

Comment

Originally posted by SpoiledMan
                      Well, for me FD works just fine on a rather warm surface(+80 degrees). It probably has to do with it being a light color though.
                      Probably so, I was spraying FD on a dark color.

FD really streaks when used as a clay lube...But that is a moot point for me, because I always apply a cleaner or polish afterwards.
                      r. b.

Comment

Jumping back on LT again... I have been using it for 3-4 weeks now and it really seems to help maintain the shine better than anyother QD I have ever used. I will not give this one up for anything!
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Customer service told me that one of these, either LT or FD, has silicone in it. Sorry I don't remember which one. Could that have something to do with the streaking on a warm surface?

Comment

Both FD and LT contain silicone. Any has the potential to streak on a hot surface. I find that the new Ultimate Wipes really cut down on the streaking.

I think Meguiars recommends diluting LT (maybe FD too) 1:1 with water when using it as a QD. If I'm using Overspray Clay I usually use either Quik Detailer or Final Inspection as a lube. When I use Clay Magic I use the Clay Magic lube which is excellent BTW. I would not hesitate to use Clay Magic if Meguiars is not available. I have yet to see the Meguiars Quik Clay anywhere locally. It is actually easier to find the Overspray Clay.

RamAirV1
                            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                              Both FD and LT contain silicone. Any has the potential to streak on a hot surface. I find that the new Ultimate Wipes really cut down on the streaking.

I think Meguiars recommends diluting LT (maybe FD too) 1:1 with water when using it as a QD. If I'm using Overspray Clay I usually use either Quik Detailer or Final Inspection as a lube. When I use Clay Magic I use the Clay Magic lube which is excellent BTW. I would not hesitate to use Clay Magic if Meguiars is not available. I have yet to see the Meguiars Quik Clay anywhere locally. It is actually easier to find the Overspray Clay.

RamAirV1
                              I've been mixing FD 1 to1 with distilled water and using it for clay lube.
                              r. b.

Comment

LT vs Nxtech Spray Booster

Is last touch the same as Nex tech spray booster for in-between waxes? Does it work same or better than the spray booster?

Chuck
                                68 RS Camaro, red on red ragtop.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');